Siberia v2 or the Siberia v2 Frost blue

ErrorFindingUser

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hey,

Just bought a Siberia v2 USB on sale for 90. But I realize there is a frost blue edition for 140 after tax.

I use my standard asus mobo soundcard so I don't have anything fancy so I usually get an USB headset.

The question is, do I want to upgrade my siberia v2 USB into the Frost blue for 50 more dollars? I was previously using Soundblaster Tactic 3d Sigma. Does it really matter? The only real difference I've heard is that there is a built in soundcard in the usb and that there is a disco playing on your head.

I also considered getting Corsair Vengeance 1500 which was on sale for 70 dollars but heard it isn't as durable.

Siberia v2 USB vs Siberia v2 Frost blue

Thanks!

When I'm comparing headsets I look at the spec's to see any differences that would put one over the other. With headserts the first thing aI look at is the size of the speaker in the ear cup , is it 40mm or 50mm. If V2 is an improvement in the size of the speaker then you could consider it. If it's just the leds then is that worth $50 ?

What I would do if I were you and this is what I do when I see something that I want and I already have something similar is I sell what I have and get the new thing.
For example I had two GTX 580 video cards which I was using and very happy with , untill Nvidia came out with the 680 , so I sold the two 580s and bought the two 680s. It did cost me additional money but not like buying two new cards without having something else to sell to help defray the cost.

In one of the reviews that I posted it said that Steelseries was making themed headsets and that's what the Siberia model is so you have to ask yourself if you want to sell what you have now and get the new model.