Annotated nethack code

Hello,

I was a little bit disapointed of the formatting of my annotated code
segments on http://topispoilers.blogspot.com/ so I decided to open my
own hompage.

There is nothing much than the four annotated code files, but maybe I'll
cover more of things in the future.

Here's the address:

http://koti.welho.com/tlinkala/

In future I'm not going to post the annotated code but instead post a
link to the new entries.

Yours: Topi
--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Topi Linkala wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was a little bit disapointed of the formatting of my annotated code
> segments on http://topispoilers.blogspot.com/ so I decided to open my
> own hompage.
>
> There is nothing much than the four annotated code files, but maybe I'll
> cover more of things in the future.
>
> Here's the address:
>
> http://koti.welho.com/tlinkala/
>
> In future I'm not going to post the annotated code but instead post a
> link to the new entries.

I would request that you still post the entire segments on rgrn because
then Google Groups will preserve them for posterity long after your
site expires.

Also, people on here are going to want to discuss or comment on it
anyway, so it's easier if it's just in the original post.

I second Cyde's request, it's really nice to have them here too, makes
it much easier to discuss.

- John H.

Cyde Weys <cyde@umd.edu> wrote:

> Topi Linkala wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was a little bit disapointed of the formatting of my annotated code
>> segments on http://topispoilers.blogspot.com/ so I decided to open my
>> own hompage.
>>
>> There is nothing much than the four annotated code files, but maybe I'll
>> cover more of things in the future.
>>
>> Here's the address:
>>
>> http://koti.welho.com/tlinkala/
>>
>> In future I'm not going to post the annotated code but instead post a
>> link to the new entries.
>
> I would request that you still post the entire segments on rgrn because
> then Google Groups will preserve them for posterity long after your
> site expires.
>
> Also, people on here are going to want to discuss or comment on it
> anyway, so it's easier if it's just in the original post.

What I usually do with articles I post (not incidental stuff like this,
actual *articles*) is post them to my website where they're easier to
read and look better, but post them to the newsgroup to make it easier
to comment on them.

Keith

Cyde Weys wrote:

> Topi Linkala wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I was a little bit disapointed of the formatting of my annotated code
>>segments on http://topispoilers.blogspot.com/ so I decided to open my
>>own hompage.
>>
>>There is nothing much than the four annotated code files, but maybe I'll
>>cover more of things in the future.
>>
>>Here's the address:
>>
>>http://koti.welho.com/tlinkala/
>>
>>In future I'm not going to post the annotated code but instead post a
>>link to the new entries.
>

> I would request that you still post the entire segments on rgrn because
> then Google Groups will preserve them for posterity long after your
> site expires.
>
> Also, people on here are going to want to discuss or comment on it
> anyway, so it's easier if it's just in the original post.

The problem is that the annotations will be in diffrent files as they
will be in a respective annotated source file. The files will have links
to each other to access other parts of annotated code.

It's impossible to render that into pure ascii media as usenet is.

The next installment will take me several days to complete but it will
be a complete source file with most of the references to other files.

Topi

--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
- Bertrand Russell
"How come he didn't put 'I think' at the end of it?" - Anonymous

TRENDING THREADS