Corpse Eating Time

T-Bone

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

How long does it take to eat a corpse? Is it based on size? Weight?
Nutritional value? Something else entirely? Thanks!

I've read somewhere that it is based off of size. By my own logic,
however, I'd say it's based on a combination of weight and size
(perhaps an average?). I mean, a really big mold corpse would still be
eaten pretty quickly, not to mention not be very filling.

I'm not an expert on it, though, so don't take my word for it.

I'm sure there's a food spoiler somewhere on
http://www.steelypips.org/nethack/ that'll mention it.

Ah, and I forgot to add-- If you're polymorphed into a metallivore
(rock mole, rust monster, xorn, etc.), then anything you eat that's
metal takes only one turn. I'm not sure if that helps you, but I've
found that information kind of useful on one or two occasions.