Really need help with 3D.

paliovouna

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Hello. :hello:

After a month of waiting, i finally have enough money to buy the Asus VG278HE monitor. It currently sits at 440€ in my country. I'd like to ask, what's the difference between this and the VG278H (non "E" edition), which costs 630€?

That's it about the screens. Let's say i buy VG278HE. What do i need to watch 3D movies? I have the paid 3D movies in my hard drive, but do i need a 3D emitter(don't know what that is)?

Furthermore, i will buy Nvidia 3D Vision 2 glasses, are those ok for watching movies in 3D, or they work only in games, and i need other type of glasses for movies?

Lastly, what cables do i need? My computer has a gtx 590. I can find HDMI 1.4 cables, but are those fine for 1080p 3D, and for 120hz for 2D in same resolution?
Does that HDMI cable connect directly into my graphics card, or do i need something like DVI adaptor?

Please explain it as best as possible, and leave a bottom line listing the things i actually need to buy. Thank you, your help is of great appreciation!
:)

The VG278H is the complete package and you don't need to get anything else , it comes with all the cables you need , the glasses . the emitter and the Nvidia 3D start guide.
The other monitor does not but it is capable of the 3D Nvidias Vision except that you have to buy all the parts.

If your going to use the monitors speakers then you have to use the HDMI cable , if not then you can use the DVI-D cable. The link below is a web page containig a desciption of what comes with the monitor and what it cots at Newegg which I know your not going to be able to get it from.
Any cables will be connected from the monitor to the video card directly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236206

There are 2 differences. As mentioned, the VG278H comes with the emitter and glasses, but is 120hz. The VG278HE is 144hz, but does not come with the emitter and glasses.

HDMI is only useful for movies and PS3 support. Dual-Link DVD-D is needed for 3D Vision 1 or 2 and 120hz gaming.

paliovouna

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
So do i need to buy an emitter for the HE version, or i only have to buy the glasses?
And can i play games in 2D in HD in 120hz and 3D HD?

I replied to your other thread, it answers all those questions and more.

I don't know what the price difference is between the two monitors where you live but here on Newegg it's $50 and for that amount you get the glasses and the emitter and the cables that you need. It's certianly worth the $50 to get the H model because you don't have to buy anything ekse.

Yes you can plat 2D and 3D on the H and HE models and the 120hz is a very good refresh rate for doing just that. Some people look for a monitor that will do 120hz just because they like how it looks and they don't use it for 3D,