Sign in with
Your question

HP W1858 monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 13, 2013 10:39:44 PM

Hello,

So now i have a hp W1858 monitor i have had for a few years now the other day i turn it on and i have an OSD lockout which puzzled me i have now been unabled to fix this for 3 days now using all the info i have found online as i will list the options i have tried now

1. reset to factory options - no help
2. hard reboot monitor (unplug hold power button) - no help
3. check the buttons to see if they are stuck ( none was stuck as far as i could hear) - no help
4. open the monitor and remove the menu buttons ( to make damn sure no buttons are stuck) - no help (everything still happens including the menu chosing stuff on its own)
5. check cables, wires, and all the circuit routes - no help ( everything looks clean and good)
6. pluging it up to another computer - no help
7. jump kick the damn thing out the door - have yet to do this yet as it was the last option i have

any help would be welcome any questions plz just ask i will try to answer any i can.

More about : w1858 monitor

a b α HP
a b C Monitor
January 14, 2013 6:18:27 PM

Try calling the HP tech support and see what they have because aside from option 7 you seem to have tried everything. The tech support would have a better chance of helping.
m
l
January 15, 2013 3:13:30 PM

well gave them a call and we talked for about 30 mins the short version is buy a new monitor so if anyone may have any other idea i'm ready to try anything but buying a new monitor as i can not do that atm

thank you Inzone and all others that have taken time to come and look
m
l
Related resources
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
January 15, 2013 3:40:11 PM

Did the HP support actualy say why the OSD lock was there ? So you have no picture displaying on the monitor ?
m
l
January 15, 2013 8:39:56 PM

no i have picture and i can get the menu to go off but it comes back lol every 2-3 mins
m
l
!