Sign in with
Your question

Can I transfer Audio through my hdmi and my audio jack

Last response: in Windows 7
January 24, 2013 12:35:31 PM

So I have a desktop running two monitors one via HDMI one via DVI I have my main desktop on one monitor to do internet YouTube etc. and run stuff like movies games and stuff on the other. Can I run two sets of audio one from the audio jack on my PC one from the HDMI to the screen? If not is there any other way to accomplish this?

If you need more info for example my PC setup just ask.
Any help would be appreciated!
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 12:54:00 PM

Hi,

I think if you go into your video card settings (ati / nvidia control pannel) you can disable audio on hdmi and then use the onboard or other sound card in your system. I think it's the only way I have been able to use hdmi video.
m
l
January 24, 2013 1:59:28 PM

alvine said:
you can use this splitter so dont run audio thru hdmi and sent it to your sound card as if you were using headphones or speakers and connect this splitter to the green TRS connector in the back

http://www.google.com/shopping/product/3148449216064854...

Yea I have one of those but i was hoping to get different sets of audio like have the some things come through the audio jack and some come through the screen by hdmi but the more I think about the more I think it would be impossible I would probably have to hardcore mod windows 7 lol. but maybe I could have the audio run all the sound through both somehow (like enable HDMI sound and Speaker sound in "playback devices")

and @ dextermat I'm not having any problems with video I have audio set to the sound card not hdmi by default.
m
l
!