Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Why using a monitor over a HDTV?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 14, 2013 1:44:52 PM

I am looking for a 24" monitor/HDTV for my computer. Sure I am looking for a Full HD one for less than 230$ before taxes and fee.

The question I have is that almost every 24" HDTV 1080p monitors are cheaper than 24" 1080p computer monitor.

Is there something I don't get? Why does monitors appears to be overpriced?

=================================
Windows 7 - X64
Intel i5 3570k@4.7 Ghz
Nvidia GTX 680 2Gb OC@1200 Core/3500 Memory
Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHZ PC3-15000
=================================

More about : monitor hdtv

a b C Monitor
January 14, 2013 3:48:17 PM

One of the main reasons is the resolution that computer monitors offer. Whils both will do HD the computer monitor will offer a higher resolution than a tv. Plus you can select from a list of resolutions to adjust to a situation so you have more choices.
A lot of peopledo use tv's for a monitor and seem to be satisfied so if the situation calls for a budget decision then you do have a choice.

Best solution

a c 100 C Monitor
January 14, 2013 8:21:22 PM

monitors and tvs may display images slightly differently due to the arrangement of the rgb pixels or in some cases the addition of yellow pixels. i have found that text is easier to view on monitors and video looks better on tvs but only slightly so and only on certain panels. i have yet to find a concrete source to quote on the exact differences.

as far as having a choice in resolutions: you should only use the native resolution. some monitors and some televisions will not display a video feed in an unsupported resolution and some will autoscale the image. it can be hit or miss.

either can be used.

!