Make internet explorer my default browser again

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Browsers
  • Firefox
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 24, 2013 1:54:14 PM

I cannot get rid of Firefox as my default browser - I've tried everything suggested, but each has a "roadblock". I will follow directions, then what I need is missing, almost as if Firefox has deleted things to self protect.

There is no ADD DELETE PROGRAMS,the Folder Types section has no tab for what you ask, places where I should click the Internet Explorer name only contains Mozilla Firefox.

Firefox is OK for some things, but not all and I want IE back!!!
I am on Vista if that means anything.

More about : make internet explorer default browser

a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 2:03:30 PM

Go to start menu and locate IE.

Open and go to internet option (menu)

==>program tab ==> in that window you'll se make internet explorer as default browser.

- click on button and you can check tell me if internet explorer is not default browser so that if someone or something change it, you'll know and can cancel if it been changed
m
l
January 30, 2013 11:24:38 PM

momsie said:
I cannot get rid of Firefox as my default browser - I've tried everything suggested, but each has a "roadblock". I will follow directions, then what I need is missing, almost as if Firefox has deleted things to self protect.

There is no ADD DELETE PROGRAMS,the Folder Types section has no tab for what you ask, places where I should click the Internet Explorer name only contains Mozilla Firefox.

Firefox is OK for some things, but not all and I want IE back!!!
I am on Vista if that means anything.

I made the same mistake and want IE back too!
I am on XP. Please respond. Thanks. Dave
m
l
!