Solved

Question about running a graphics card as a capture card

I have 2 NVIDIA 275 GTX graphics cards each with 1792MB of video memory. I want to turn one of them into a capture card. Say I am playing Crysis. I run it at max settings and get 40-45 fps when my cards are in SLI and 35 fps when they are not. I use Fraps to capture a video of the screen and the fps drops to 2-7 fps even when in SLI mode. If I designate one of them as a capture card, I would expect being able to capture at 35 fps, though I have no idea how to do this. Do I need to download a different screen capturing program? If so, where do I find a free one?

2 NVIDIA 275 GTX 1792MB
Core 2 Duo 6MB 3.16GHz
128 GB SSD
8 GB DDR2 RAM Cas Latency: 4, Timing 4-4-4-12, 800MHz

Thanks guys.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question running graphics card capture card
  1. Your framerates drop because CPU and HDD have extra load to deal with when recording
  2. try modestly OCing your cpu and if that helps buy a good cooler and go for broke
  3. Best answer
    its hd mostly and cpu yah, fraps record raw video data small videos (2 mins) end up being 1-2 gigs

And tbh i dont think its possible just checked it my self couldnt find anything but then again not running any kind of dual gpu setup altho i doubt it would show me any features anyways
  4. the problem is the cpu, get a quad, disk is unlikely
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards FPS Windows 7