Dungeon Information Sheet

I saw on a website a Dungeon Information sheet to remember things about your
character and the dungeon layouts. Basically a laid out organizied way to
take notes about your game.

Anyone have this sheet they could post or point me too. Or someone have
something better, A online filloutable pdf or excel sheet would probably
work best.

I use FreeMind (
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) to keep
track of my dungeons. FreeMind is a tree structured "mind mapping"
piece of software that allows free association. I built a template
that I start fesh for each game. All of the dungeon level numbers are
on the right of the tree, and my DragDrop objects are to the left. The
objects I drag/drop are major level areas like shops, altars, temples,
castle, Fort Ludios entrance, all stuff like that. Then I append notes
to each item with details like shop type or what Sokoban held.

If you want to try it you can d/l FreeMind for free and use the
template I created. I put my template and screenshots here if you want
to check it out: www.deverter.net/nh

Mark d.

retreved@gmail.com wrote:
> I use FreeMind (
> http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) to keep
> track of my dungeons. FreeMind is a tree structured "mind mapping"
> piece of software that allows free association. I built a template
> that I start fesh for each game. All of the dungeon level numbers are
> on the right of the tree, and my DragDrop objects are to the left. The
> objects I drag/drop are major level areas like shops, altars, temples,
> castle, Fort Ludios entrance, all stuff like that. Then I append notes
> to each item with details like shop type or what Sokoban held.
>
> If you want to try it you can d/l FreeMind for free and use the
> template I created. I put my template and screenshots here if you want
> to check it out: www.deverter.net/nh

That looks really interesting, and I'd love to try your template. But
for me the links appear to be broken.

I have a sort of template I use in Notepad while playing. It just has
spots to put in what levels certain things are on: all of the special
levels (Oracle, Mine split, etc), useful traps (magic traps and
polymorph traps), anything revealed by level sounds (stores, sinks,
etc), certain monster types (unicorns, cockatrices, foocubi), and a few
other things. I also note the artifacts I've encountered, my stashes,
when I read spellbooks, and any attributes I know for sure that I have.

Sorry about the bad links, I mocked that page up pretty quick and never
checked my links. I fixed the links on my page now and should be good.
Have fun!

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Andy Johnson <swervy.aTAKE@this-out.gmail.com> wrote in

> retreved@gmail.com wrote:
>> I use FreeMind (
>> http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) to keep
>> track of my dungeons. FreeMind is a tree structured "mind mapping"
>> piece of software that allows free association. I built a template
>> that I start fesh for each game. All of the dungeon level numbers are
>> on the right of the tree, and my DragDrop objects are to the left. The
>> objects I drag/drop are major level areas like shops, altars, temples,
>> castle, Fort Ludios entrance, all stuff like that. Then I append notes
>> to each item with details like shop type or what Sokoban held.
>>
>> If you want to try it you can d/l FreeMind for free and use the
>> template I created. I put my template and screenshots here if you want
>> to check it out: www.deverter.net/nh
>>
> That looks really interesting, and I'd love to try your template. But
> for me the links appear to be broken.
get rid of the Main_Page at the end and it comes up for me (with /Main_page
at the end unnily enough, must be html vs. php or somesuch)

Zappo Zizzibun wrote:

> I saw on a website a Dungeon Information sheet to remember things
> about your character and the dungeon layouts. Basically a laid out
> organizied way to take notes about your game.

> Anyone have this sheet they could post or point me too. Or someone
> have something better, A online filloutable pdf or excel sheet would
> probably work best.

I think you mean the sheet I once designed and put on my win.tue.nl
website.

That website is no longer functional, but I moved it to the following
directory: ftp://roguelikes.sauceforge.net/pub/nethack/spoilers/330

You want one of the dungeon_information_sheet.330.* files there. Note
that you should use ftp://, not http://.

Happy hacking!

--
Boudewijn.

as my signature..." - Me

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

chuck <chucko@nil.car> wrote in

> Andy Johnson <swervy.aTAKE@this-out.gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> retreved@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I use FreeMind (
>>> http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) to keep
>>> track of my dungeons. FreeMind is a tree structured "mind mapping"
>>> piece of software that allows free association. I built a template
>>> that I start fesh for each game. All of the dungeon level numbers are
>>> on the right of the tree, and my DragDrop objects are to the left. The
>>> objects I drag/drop are major level areas like shops, altars, temples,
>>> castle, Fort Ludios entrance, all stuff like that. Then I append notes
>>> to each item with details like shop type or what Sokoban held.
>>>
>>> If you want to try it you can d/l FreeMind for free and use the
>>> template I created. I put my template and screenshots here if you want
>>> to check it out: www.deverter.net/nh
>>>
>> That looks really interesting, and I'd love to try your template. But
>> for me the links appear to be broken.
> get rid of the Main_Page at the end and it comes up for me (with /Main_page
> at the end unnily enough, must be html vs. php or somesuch)
ALL RIGHT who took my F in key???

TRENDING THREADS