YASD

Man. I was *so* excited. Petunia-san the samurai was kicking butt. She
had gotten extremely lucky right out of the gate, and in short order
had blessed +3 silver dragon scale armor and some very nice tools
including a magic whistle. Her pet dog polymorphed himself into a baby
yellow dragon. All was going well. The dragon died, sadly. She almost
died a few levels later, but a random harp turned out to be a magic
harp, and she soldiered on with her new pet rock troll and pet lynx.
Petunia-san blundered onto a polymorph trap, and promptly turned into a
silver dragon. Wow! She laid a few eggs, and had some fun with her
dragon breath. Then she saw the cockatrice... she'd been whomping
cockatrices with impunity in her human form, so *without thinking* she
hit... only she didn't hit, she BIT. Turned to stone instantly. DYWYPI?

Guess I'll never make that mistake again! This was the best character
I've ever had. My only consolation is that I am learning, and I am
getting better. Maybe I'll get to ascend once before I die. ;-)

Laura
3 answers Last reply
More about yasd

    On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 08:48:16 -0700, Cool Laura wrote:

    > polymorph trap, and promptly turned into a silver dragon. Wow! She laid a
    > few eggs, and had some fun with her dragon breath. Then she saw the
    > cockatrice... she'd been whomping cockatrices with impunity in her human
    > form, so *without thinking* she hit... only she didn't hit, she BIT.
    > Turned to stone instantly. DYWYPI?

    OH yeah. Everyone learns that one sooner or later. I think I lost a
    character polyed into a vampire-lord the same way.

    My latest awful YASD was my Valkyrie Jirel, ostensibly killed by a
    Green-Elf while helpless, but really killed by playing while tired.
    During a sacfest involving cursed scrolls of create monster, I thought the
    blue e to my left was a blue o, and anyway, I was blindfolded and standing
    over a fire-engraved E-word. Well, it turned out to be a blue e, and Jirel
    wasn't blindfolded. The E-word worked alright, and for quite a few turns
    her hitpoints wavered between full and almost-full, since most of the
    monsters wouldn't attack her with the E-word there. However, either that
    damn blue e moved, or the Green-Elf's arrows killed the monster that was
    in his way, because he suddenly stepped up and started wailing on
    my unconscious lev13 AC -18 Valkyrie. DYWYPI?
    And here I thought she would be killed due to a lack of reflection or
    magic resistance, not a damned e!

    --
    - Mantar --- Drop YourPantiesSirWilliam to email me.

    On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:32:57 GMT, "Mantar, Feyelno nek dusa"
    <mantar.feyelno@YourPantiesSirWilliamfrontiernet.net> wrote:

    > And here I thought she would be killed due to a lack of reflection or
    >magic resistance, not a damned e!

    You thought correctly. Reflection would have saved her from
    the e.

    Jove

    On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:32:40 -0500, Jove wrote:

    > You thought correctly. Reflection would have saved her from
    > the e.

    Oh yeah, huh?

    Well, my orcish rogue Grindleguts found out that she left a bones file.
    She died on her stash/altar floor, dungeon level 5, and he managed to
    clear out most everything, except that damn troll and a dwarf who showed
    up. I peeked in the directory and there's still a bones files there. Now
    I'm afraid to go below level 4 because there's a troll and an invisible
    dwarf who will have Grindley's stuff, including a wand of fire and a hefty
    suit of armor, and possibly stuff from Jirel's bones pile which includes
    the +4 Excalibur and even better wands/armor.
    If that bones file pops up again, I hope I've got a wand of sleep handy.

    --
    - Mantar --- Drop YourPantiesSirWilliam to email me.

World Of Warcraft Video Games