Be advised - I had to dump my last Epson printer after several weeks of using non-Epson cartridges. It became blocked with impurities in the ink and nothing would clear the blockage, not even an overnight treatment with solvent or washing the printhead in warm soapy water.

Epson printers are particularly prone to blockages too, which didn't help none.

So much for saving money!

digbee

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Yeah, thanks, Phil..

I'm looking for OEM Epsons, as I said. I did once try an alternative Black, but it seemed to be blocking the jets, so I trashed it and never used another..

There seem to be a number of my type on ebay, so I will look into that, checking for expiry dates, etc..

My printer actually needs servicing right now, so I will also find out whether it's worth doing, or I should ditch it and buy a new one.

Thanks!

Doug.

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
if your epson puts up a message saying it needs a service then it may just be a timed/useage monitor message but may not be anything wrong with it. Try searching internet. I remeber a year or so back I did a search and found a couple of articles on how to bypass these warnings and continue getting good use from epson printers. Might be worth a try. Had a look through all my old saved files but cant find where I downloaded item - sorry.