Looking for an audio progam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mendoman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
...that will slow down a audio that is too fast. I have a ton of live shows from the '80's that I am transferring to an mp3 archive. The problem is, some of the tapes I received were high-speed dubbed and seem to run a bit fast. I just want to find a Pro Tools Plugin or some other audio editing recommendation that can handle this for me (the simpler the better).

Thanks for your replies.

I play Russian Roulette everyday (a man's sport),
with a bullet called life

jheine

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
A Pro Tools plugin? I would have figured it would have that ability built in for the price you pay for it. I know Soundforge and Acid should do it. There may also be some shareware apps available that will let you do this as well, such as Goldwave.

Jarrett

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new"><b><font color=red>Join The THGC Music Project</font color=red></b></A>

grrryphon

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
CoolEdit96 used to let you do this; I'm not sure about more modern versions as I never tried them. Acid should do it, but I'm surprised Pro Tools can't handle it.

--
Grrryphon

avello900

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2002
i know acid, vegas, sound forge, cool edit, fruity loops, cakewalk, well most every program ive ever used does this, finding a plugin may be hard as this is something that is usually intergrated into the primary program

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
I know that you can get a winamp plugin that can do it on the fly... Gmixer time warper module its called

simple to use, but dunno if you can do slowed down wav outputs or anything.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.