Sign in with
Your question

Problem with mouse clicking windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 24, 2013 3:32:16 PM

Hello,
The touchpad of my laptop is acting up. The left button seems like constantly on. Another thing that it does is not letting me click on the control bar at the bottom and closing tabs whenever I click on them (in google chrome). I was thinking that is a hardware problem, but even after I disabled the touchpad and put an external mouse it is all the same.
January 24, 2013 11:38:41 PM

?? control panel>mouse>button settings??
m
l
January 25, 2013 12:25:35 AM

I've got a "touchpad" on my laptop as well. These things are very sensitive. But if you've disabled the "touchpad" Try checking the above posters post. See if anything is unusual or if you've changed something. What laptop do you use?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2013 1:32:28 AM

kane4eto said:
Hello,
The touchpad of my laptop is acting up. The left button seems like constantly on. Another thing that it does is not letting me click on the control bar at the bottom and closing tabs whenever I click on them (in google chrome). I was thinking that is a hardware problem, but even after I disabled the touchpad and put an external mouse it is all the same.

You can do a couple things:

First things first, boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8 after the BIOS splash screen and see if the issue continues.

Next, It's time you take a look at everything running and starting up when your computer does.

I would recommend using Autoruns.

Not sure what all those things are? Go to HERE for help with identifying those pesky startup items.

You may also want to run a malware scan or two on the computer. I would recommend running either MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Super Anti-Spyware or even both.
m
l
!