Charging magic markers

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Is it possible to charge a magic marker more than once?

I invoke the PYEC but I get the message "nothing happens"

Spud wrote:
> Is it possible to charge a magic marker more than once?

Nope

> I invoke the PYEC but I get the message "nothing happens"

Never mind. You'll have to get yourself another marker, or find another
way of obtaining the scroll(s) you want.

Help on these subjects is available if you want it...

Philipp Lucas wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
> > Philipp Lucas wrote:
> > I don't know if items that cannot be recharged still have a recharge
> > counter that is secretly increased, to be used whenever the item happens
> > to change into something rechargeable.
>
> The recharge counter is kept even when the result of the polymorph cannot
> be charged. The charge counter is not kept.

So if I'm reading this right, you could theoretically take a magic
marker at 1:1, and then poly it into (say) a magic whistle, and then
poly it back into a magic marker 1:45. Is that right? Isn't that a bug?

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, BWIGLEY wrote:
> What would happen if you pollied a charged magic marker to a uni horn, and
> back. Would it still be at 1:?, or would it be re randomized?

The magic marker will have a recharge count of 1. Every magic marker
created by polymorph counts as recharged.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

Philipp Lucas wrote:

> The magic marker will have a recharge count of 1. Every magic marker
> created by polymorph counts as recharged.

Notably, every item with a recharge counter gets this counter increased
by one with every polymorph.

I don't know if items that cannot be recharged still have a recharge
counter that is secretly increased, to be used whenever the item happens
to change into something rechargeable.

Example: you polymorph a unicorn horn into a magic whistle. Now you
polypile it into a tinning kit. Would this now be a tinning kit (2:17)
or a tinning kit (1:42)?

--
Boudewijn.

as my signature..." - Me

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
> Philipp Lucas wrote:
> > The magic marker will have a recharge count of 1. Every magic marker
> > created by polymorph counts as recharged.
> Notably, every item with a recharge counter gets this counter increased
> by one with every polymorph.

This is not how I understand poly_obj. Magic markers are set to 1, and
wands get the counter increased, but other items, such as cameras, cans of
grease and tinning kits, retain their recharge values.

<dogscoff@eudoramail.com> wrote in message

> Spud wrote:
> > Is it possible to charge a magic marker more than once?
>
> Nope
>
> > I invoke the PYEC but I get the message "nothing happens"
>
> Never mind. You'll have to get yourself another marker, or find another
> way of obtaining the scroll(s) you want.
>
> Help on these subjects is available if you want it...
What would happen if you pollied a charged magic marker to a uni horn, and
back. Would it still be at 1:?, or would it be re randomized? Will it even
poly?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

> Philipp Lucas wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
>> > Philipp Lucas wrote:
>> > I don't know if items that cannot be recharged still have a recharge
>> > counter that is secretly increased, to be used whenever the item happens
>> > to change into something rechargeable.
>>
>> The recharge counter is kept even when the result of the polymorph cannot
>> be charged. The charge counter is not kept.
>
> So if I'm reading this right, you could theoretically take a magic
> marker at 1:1, and then poly it into (say) a magic whistle, and then
> poly it back into a magic marker 1:45. Is that right? Isn't that a bug?

no bug. still only two charges allowed while it's a magic marker. It's bad
enough to find the things anyways.