Unholy water?

How can I make unholy water without making my god angry at me? I
really don't want to loose protection and need a bottle or two or three
of cursed water so I can make some cursed genocide scrolls and do some
nurse dancing. Is there any other way?

Chris the Wizard wrote:

> How can I make unholy water without making my god angry at me? I
> really don't want to loose protection and need a bottle or two or three
> of cursed water so I can make some cursed genocide scrolls and do some
> nurse dancing. Is there any other way?

Find randomly and know how to clone it. That's the other
way as far as I know. Finding water potions in the dungeon
sets me on a trek to the nearest altar. Unholy waters are
cherished more than holy waters because I know the cost
of producing unholy water the other way and I know at some
point holy water will come to be easily made.

Clone it? How do I do that? #dip the regular water bottles into
unholy water?

Ooooh nice. I have a few scrolls of remove curse so that should work
out nicely. Thanks!

Chris the Wizard wrote:

> Clone it? How do I do that? #dip the regular water bottles into
> unholy water?

Please quote the part of the message you're responding
to. If you're useing Google click "Show options" and
use the reply button in there not the easily visible
reply button.

That's the way. Doing it to one potion is wastefull.
It loses one unholy water and converts one uncursed
water into unholy water.

In article <1123876226.723941.291710@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Chris the Wizard says...
> How can I make unholy water without making my god angry at me? I
> really don't want to loose protection and need a bottle or two or three
> of cursed water so I can make some cursed genocide scrolls and do some
> nurse dancing. Is there any other way?

From pot2-343 (ROT-13):

N zber bofpher jnl gb npdhver ubyl be haubyl jngre vf gb jvryq fbzr
haphefrq cbgvbaf bs jngre, gnxr bss nyy bgure jbea vgrzf, naq ernq n
aba-phefrq fpebyy bs erzbir phefr juvyr pbashfrq. Lbh unir n 25% punapr
bs perngvat ubyl jngre naq 25% punapr bs perngvat haubyl jngre guvf jnl,
naq vg qbrfa'g arrq nal nygnef! Oyrffrq fpebyyf bs erzbir phefr jvyy
unir gur fnzr rssrpg ba rnpu vgrz va lbhe vairagbel vaqvivqhnyyl (gel
fcyvggvat hc gur jngre vagb qvssrerag fybgf ol #anzvat); or pnershy bs
bgure vgrzf va vairagbel orpbzvat phefrq.

Chris the Wizard wrote:

> How can I make unholy water without making my god angry at me? I
> really don't want to loose protection and need a bottle or two or three
> of cursed water so I can make some cursed genocide scrolls and do some
> nurse dancing. Is there any other way?

A moderately complicated way:

- Have a lot of plain (uncursed) water, a blessed scroll of remove curse,
and some means of confusing yourself.

- Manoeuvre your water into as many different inventory slots as possible:
name the bunch (with #n y), drop one, name the bunch something else, drop
one, repeat until you run out, pick up all the potions. You should have
every potion in a different inventory slot now.

- Get thee to a safe place (i.e. where you can safely take off your armor
and become confused without monsters eating you).

- Drop everything you don't want cursed. Keep everything you don't mind
getting cursed and wouldn't mind getting blessed.

- Confuse yourself.

- Read the scroll of remove curse. Every item in your inventory will have
a 25% chance of becoming blessed and a 25% chance of becoming cursed (so
a 50% chance of staying as it is).

This is very likely to give you some unholy water as well as some holy
water.

Raisse, killed by a potion of holy water

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:50:26 -0700, Chris the Wizard wrote:

> How can I make unholy water without making my god angry at me? I really
> don't want to loose protection and need a bottle or two or three of cursed
> water so I can make some cursed genocide scrolls and do some nurse
> dancing. Is there any other way?

So far nobody's mentioned fountains. They may randomly curse items in
your inventory, though you'll want a handy blessed remove curse scroll for
afterwards. Take anything blessed and put it in your BoH, drop it, then
drink. Get out your second-best replacement armor and gear in case you
have to fight off a ton of snakes or water demons. If the fountain's
somewhat near the surface, you might even get a wish from the latter.
A PITA method, but it is another way to do it.

--
- Mantar --- Drop YourPantiesSirWilliam to email me.

Mantar, Feyelno nek dusa wrote on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:15:52 GMT:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:50:26 -0700, Chris the Wizard wrote:
>
> > How can I make unholy water without making my god angry at me?

> So far nobody's mentioned fountains.

If I read foun-343.txt correctly, each time you #dip uncursed water in a
fountain, it has a 1/30 chance of becoming cursed. If you #dip a diluted
junk potion in a fountain to turn it into water, it has a 1/60 chance of
becoming cursed at the same time.

--
"Ruleless 'law' will be a political weapon and control of the
judiciary will therefore be a political prize. 'Democracy' will

Raisse the Thaumaturge wrote:

> Raisse, killed by a potion of holy water

Please elucidate....this I have to hear.

Gary Olson wrote:

> Raisse the Thaumaturge wrote:
>
>> Raisse, killed by a potion of holy water
>>

> Please elucidate....this I have to hear.

I can think of a couple possiblities. Chaotics and unholy
critters are damaged by drinking holy water. And fire attacks or traps
can cause them to boil and explode, doing shrapnel damage. I don't
remember the exact phrasing of the cause of death for the latter,
though, and I've never actually *seen* the former.

--
John Campbell
jcampbel@lynn.ci-n.com

John Campbell wrote:

> Gary Olson wrote:
>>
>> Raisse the Thaumaturge wrote:
>>
>>> Raisse, killed by a potion of holy water
>>>
>> Please elucidate....this I have to hear.
>
> I can think of a couple possiblities. Chaotics and unholy
> critters are damaged by drinking holy water.

Yes; I don't like to play chaotic, and back when only priests could be any
alignment and alignment was assigned randomly, my chaotic priestesses
used to kill themselves by drinking their potions of holy water. Two
would usually do it, sometimes three.

> And fire attacks or traps
> can cause them to boil and explode, doing shrapnel damage.

"killed by a boiling potion" or "by boiling potions", regardless of what
the potion actually *is*.

Raisse, killed by a boiling potion