closing L1 bridges

G

I know this belongs in the overclocking section, but there is a better response in this one. I tried closing the bridges to my duron 750, but I don't think it worked. I did it with a pencil which I hear isn't the best but it was all I had. How precise do you need to be? Where do you start the line? Would a conductive pen be much better?

Before I tried closing them if I changed the multiplier in my bios it would either do nothing or crash after posting. After I tried closing them strange things happened, i.e. reporting a 700MHz Duron with 100FSB chosen and 8 multiplier. Or the system just crashed. To try again can i just rub the pencil off or is there another way?

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I've never tried a conductive pen, but a pencil has always worked great for me.

You need to be very precise and careful that each line you make does not make contact with each other (I like to use a plastic straight-edge, like a credit card, to guide me). You should also put a good amount of lead into it, I usally rub back and forth 20 times using a mechanical pencil.

If you make a mistake and need to start over, use a good eraser or rubbing alcohol.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

G

thanks i'll try it again when i get home and post if it works.

can you use rubbing alcohol to remove old thermal paste too?

TRENDING THREADS