Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Blue Screen After Sleep Mode

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 24, 2013 5:59:04 PM

Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode I press the power button once to get it out of sleep mode but when it comes up it has a blue screen with a bunch of errors on it. My computer is custom built. It is a AMD Dual Core (64-Bit) Fresh install of Windows. Please help me fix this problem! Thanks!

More about : blue screen sleep mode

a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 6:34:21 PM

DON'T use sleep mode...lots don't because of problems...
Score
0
January 24, 2013 6:41:55 PM

Hmmmm.... Know any more problems with it because I wanna use it
Score
0
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 6:59:40 PM

Kwippy said:
Hmmmm.... Know any more problems with it because I wanna use it



Hi :) 

I own computer shops.... we turn it OFF on all machines we sell...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 7:24:16 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

I own computer shops.... we turn it OFF on all machines we sell...

All the best Brett :) 


Glad I dont buy my computers from you.. I would expect a comp to be provided in fully working order.

If I buy a car.. I expect the radio to work.. I dont expect the supplier to remove it in case it breaks.


Anyway - to OP.. I presume you have checked latest drivers on all components?.. esp motherboard?.. and latest BIOS?
and have to tweaked anything? overclock or anything? You not given us anything/much to go on.

Cheers
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 7:45:18 PM

yoji said:
Glad I dont buy my computers from you.. I would expect a comp to be provided in fully working order.

If I buy a car.. I expect the radio to work.. I dont expect the supplier to remove it in case it breaks.


Anyway - to OP.. I presume you have checked latest drivers on all components?.. esp motherboard?.. and latest BIOS?
and have to tweaked anything? overclock or anything? You not given us anything/much to go on.

Cheers



Hi :) 

We explain WHY its turned off...then its up to the customer...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
0
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 8:12:29 PM

Kwippy said:
Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode I press the power button once to get it out of sleep mode but when it comes up it has a blue screen with a bunch of errors on it. My computer is custom built. It is a AMD Dual Core (64-Bit) Fresh install of Windows. Please help me fix this problem! Thanks!


Would you be able to supply the stop error codes, could help track the issue down. In my experience sleep/hibernate issues are normally caused by drivers/software.
Score
0
January 24, 2013 8:43:55 PM

You: Hey Doc it hurts when I do this!
Doc: Well don't do that.

There are known problems with sleep mode. Newer components already save power when idle. You don't need the software to do that anymore and the software has never worked properly.

I agree with Brett. Don't use sleep mode.
Score
0
June 2, 2013 1:49:03 AM

Same problem with my custom build.

Figured i didnt want it because of my downloads getting stopped so just simply have 2 modes now On and Off. Trust me its not that hard to simply click the start menu and hit shutdown when you dont want the computer on.
Score
0
June 2, 2013 1:51:29 AM

Microsoft says its a glitch in one of their recent updates so enjoy it for a while! They recommend restoring your computer to before the update was installed and then installing there next update release.
Score
0
!