UPS battery.

My UPS was not giving proper back up. I thought that its problem with battery. So i replaced with new one. But the problem was not rectified. UPS is shutting when supply goes. Please help me.

Thanking for all replays..
5 answers Last reply
More about battery
  1. What type of UPS do you have? Is it emitting any type of beep codes?
  2. What do you mean that the PS is shutting when supply goes ? The UPS is designed to give a small amount of time in a power loss to properly save and close your work. Most lower and medium priced UPS will give you 5 min depending on what you have plugged in to it.
  3. i think he means that when the power goes off the battery backup is not providing power to the system.

this makes me think of two scenarios:

-the ups has an issue with either charging the batteries or switching out to battery power when the power goes out.

-your system draws too much power for the backup to handle.

--

i have a $250 apc battery backup hooked up to an i7 gtx470 system and i get less than 6 minutes of time at a draw rate of approximately 330w. if you have a cheaper unit it is highly likely that you exceed the limits of the battery backup.
  4. no sound is emitting by UPS. I am using V-guard UPS. Type in the sence???
  5. Like everything else, UPS units also have an end-of-life. Time to replace the UPS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battery Peripherals