Closed Solved

Keyboard buttons not working (weird problem?)

Hello,

I have a weird problem with my Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000.
Every key works fine except for the Z and the C button. I tried removing the keys and looking under but there is nothing stuck under and it presses fine just like any other buttons.
In some days, the Z and C button will work. On other days it would not.
On the days it would not work, if I hold the Z button for ~1 minute, after that minute it would begin to start working again. (same with the C button).

Does anyone know what is wrong with the keys?
I have tried this on another USB port and the problem is still the same.
I had no problems with the keyboard until a few weeks ago. (owned the keyboard for a year)

Thanks for the help!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about keyboard buttons working weird problem
  1. How old is the keyboard ?
  2. Approximately 1 1/2 years.

From: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Comfort-Curve-Keyboard-2000/dp/B0009ZBRS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358367809&sr=8-1&keywords=comfort+curve+2000

Some additional details:
    I never spilled water on it and it was working fine until recently (this past month).
  3. Best answer
    Underneath all the keys are small contacts that respond to your pressing of the key , if the z and c key are excessivly used then they coould become unresponsive.
    However when they test the keys for longevity they usually will last for thousands and thousands of key presses.

A lot of keyboards will come with a warranty and some for up to 3 years , so you may want to check and see if it's still under warranty.
  4. Best answer selected by crzyice.
Ask a new question

Read More

Curve Microsoft Keyboards Peripherals