Sign in with
Your question

Windows Unable to Start

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 24, 2013 8:38:27 PM

Hey guys.

I formatted my desktop today, and now - sadly - i have issues.

What happened was: I formatted - No issues. Windows Booted and all was good.
I proceeded to install all the updates labelled "Windows" and anything else system related (No drivers, no third party stuff) Only stuff from microsoft. I have tested all things (Startup Repair, Bios Check and so on).

When selecting "Start up windows normally" It continues to the boot screen, stays on it for a few seconds. Then bluescreens and restarts faster than i can see the damn error code or anything.

Anyone experienced anything similiar?? Please help :( 

PC Speccs:

Intel Core i5 2500K
8GB DDR3 Ram 1333 MHZ
1 TB HDD
2x nVidia GeForce GTX470 (1x MSI, 1x EVGA Brand)
Netgear Wireless Network Card

More about : windows unable start

a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 8:58:50 PM

few questions, what was the last driver or update you installed, to cause it to not boot?

did u setup windows 7 service pack 1?

also you mentioned you downloaded all drivers through microsoft? I would suggest getting chipset and GPU drivers direct from the manufacturer.
January 24, 2013 9:02:00 PM

Hello there DasWilhelm.

I downloaded all the stuff from Microsofts Updater - Although no third party stuff. ONLY the Microsoft Updates (Security Updates etc. From Microsoft)

I did not download any drivers. I have not set up Windows 7 SP1, will try that now.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 9:04:56 PM

you usually want to do the service packs first, as they contain the major updates, let me know how that works for you.
January 24, 2013 9:09:26 PM

Will keep you updated. Thanks a lot :) 
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 9:11:24 PM

no problem, good luck!
January 24, 2013 9:23:01 PM

Hey Wilhelm (If you are still here)

I started installing my nVidia driver, and it went. I am now stuck on a black screen (after the welcome screen) And it just doesn't go any further. Any advise? (I can move the mouse, and stuff - Nothing else)
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 9:37:38 PM

hit reset, boot into safe mode, and uninstall the nvidia driver.
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2013 11:03:09 PM

k4tamai said:
Hey Wilhelm (If you are still here)

I started installing my nVidia driver, and it went. I am now stuck on a black screen (after the welcome screen) And it just doesn't go any further. Any advise? (I can move the mouse, and stuff - Nothing else)

Sounds like something is going screwy with your GPU. It it integrated or a discrete option?
!