[s] items on the ground + other config/setup problems...

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Howdy all.

Been playing vanilla for several years now and now (at last) testing
slash'em. Was wondering if it's feature or a config related thing, that
when a monster leaves a corpse on a floor I cannot eat/sacrifice it
unless I pick it up to my inventory although I'm standing on it?

Another thing with my windows box when playing is the process ntvdm.exe
with cpu consumption of 100%. Did a google search and found an
application called 'DOSBox' that got the cpu usage back to normal. Only
thing with the DOSBox is the keyboard layout. I'm using finnish keyboard
so I downloaded the keyb.exe for dosbox and the layout needed (file
called su.kl).

Can't get the keyb -command to work. Gives me the following error if I
do command 'keyb su':

keyboard driver for FreeDOS (/?: more info)
Using: C:\BIN\SU.KL
Codepage not found in keyboard definition file - 437

Any help is much appreciated.
keep on hackin..

-mikey

"mikey" <lampi28@NOSPAMwelho.com> wrote in message
> Howdy all.
>
> Been playing vanilla for several years now and now (at last) testing
> slash'em. Was wondering if it's feature or a config related thing, that
> when a monster leaves a corpse on a floor I cannot eat/sacrifice it unless
> I pick it up to my inventory although I'm standing on it?

This one took a bit for me to catch too.

What do you want to eat [cf or ,]
Press , and be prompted what to eat off the floor.

Danny

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

> Another thing with my windows box when playing is the process ntvdm.exe
> with cpu consumption of 100%. Did a google search and found an
> application called 'DOSBox' that got the cpu usage back to normal. Only
> thing with the DOSBox is the keyboard layout. I'm using finnish keyboard
> so I downloaded the keyb.exe for dosbox and the layout needed (file
> called su.kl).
>
> Can't get the keyb -command to work. Gives me the following error if I
> do command 'keyb su':
>
> keyboard driver for FreeDOS (/?: more info)
> Using: C:\BIN\SU.KL
> Codepage not found in keyboard definition file - 437

that would be a mode con line in config.sys which would load the "codepage"
for your keyboard. support is there in windows, but not in dos. Perhaps
config.sys is disabled in msconfig?