Wireless Mouse [Logitech M510] Problems

So, hopefully someone can shed some light. I have two Logitech M510's. One came with a keyboard that I bought, and has not functioned well since I picked it up, resulting in moving to a 300 series mouse. A friend of mine got me a new one for Christmas, another M510. This time it worked reasonably well, but after a time, it started functioning poorly to a point where I had to switch out mice, back to the 300 series.

I took them both to work (both 510's) and plugged them into my laptop here and here's where the interest comes in. One works on a mouse pad, but nowhere else. The other works on only my pant leg. Neither of them worked on any surface I could find at home (cardboard, wood, mousepad, paper, pant leg, shirt). Yet, the other wireless mouse I had seemed to work just fine. Do I just need to get used to the idea that these 510's, despite how wonderfully the second one worked for me originally, are junk? Is there anything else I can try?

(They are both unifying, and I will be trying another unifying receiver for the laughs to see if it changes anything.)

Help?
Reply to Daniel Rydell
9 answers Last reply
More about wireless mouse logitech m510 problems
  1. Is there any settings that your able to adjust ? Like lift off adjust which allows a certian amount of lift with the mouse or a surface sensitivity which allows you to adjust for different surfaces from smooth to semi-rough ?
    Reply to inzone
  2. Are you talking through the Logitech software? I'll try downloading it and see what happens (don't usually install it, but it doesn't bother me to)
    Reply to Daniel Rydell
  3. Most of the higher end mice like Logitech , Razer and so on will come with software and that software is a series of settings that you can do with the mouse if the mouse also comes with some onboard memory.
    Reply to inzone
  4. Okay, I downloaded the software, and one of the mice I'm convinced is garbage. The other one /seems/ to be working a lot better (it still hesitates a little bit, even at the top speed), but I will let you know if that changes once I get home.

(Don't know why I didn't think to try that, but like I said, I've not installed their software in some time because I never found a use for it.
    Reply to Daniel Rydell
  5. I don't use all the software features but there are some that come in handy.
    Reply to inzone
  6. Well, a bit of an update.

One mouse seems to work on a mousepad and a pant leg, while the other one intermittently works on a pant leg. Installing the drivers seem to work all right, and optical mice work perfectly. I'm really at a loss here. Is it just something I'm going to deal with, and start using my optical mouse again if I want reliability?
    Reply to Daniel Rydell
  7. Well, Logitech is going to replace it; should be receiving it any day now. They don't seem to find interest in the idea that it doesn't make any that I have two broken ones straight out of the box. Any other suggestions?
    Reply to Daniel Rydell
  8. So was it just a defective mouse? My 510m doesn't work on mouse pads, the desk, paper pads, notebooks, etc. either. It does work on my pant leg, the sofa, and some cloth ideams. I will see if I can return it to Staples for a new one. Thanks for posting your problems.
    Reply to ipwitan
  9. I had this same problem. I called customer support and they told me how to fix it. First, try cleaning the laser lens with a dry cotton swab. If this doesn't work try taking the batteries out, then hold down the left mouse button while clicking the right mouse button 5 times. This should reinitialize the mouse. It worked for me. Good Luck.
    Reply to ValinOR14
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Mice Logitech Wireless Mouse Peripherals