So there's a new Intel chip.. but where's the AMD?

G

I'm really looking forward to the next amd chip and i just can't wait.

Anyone know when it's actually coming out and is it gonna be 2.0ghz?

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
What new Intel chip? You mean Northwood? It's not really out yet....they said third quarter, but what they really meant was the last possible second of third quarter...

AMD's A4 series will be out this fall/winter as well, and their goal for the desktop introduction is 1.6ghz I believe.

Makaveli

Splendid
From what I've read AMD will probably take the T-bird to
1.5 (200FSB) 1.53(266FSB). A4 was pushed back to Fall/Winter. I wondering if AMD will also produce a 1.53 Pally or just go to 1.6. I also read that they were only aiming to hit 1.7 by years end, and that might be carried back down to 1.6! If so intel will have abit of a lead with 2ghz P4. But as we all know 1.4 Tbird is equal in performance to the 1.8 P4. So the same should be said for 2ghz P4 and 1.6 A4. With the current state of CPU pricing and memory pricing. I'm expecting prices to rise back up abit during the next couple months. The next 6 months should be very interesting in the Computer industry!

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
4 quarter is been two time that i post the new road map of intel.There a lot of 2000 roadmap around here.Try to look for the lastest 2001 and you will see Northwood in middle of 4 quarter.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the intel Northwood? good people are waiting for it...
but at the same time, AMD will bring out Athlon 4s/Palominos for desktop next quarter and will probably start at 1.6 GHz and go past 2.0 GHz.

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

G

Thnx for the info... well any idea when the 1.5 Tbird is gonna come out? If it is?

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!