Dell Latitude C600 battery problem

My Dell Latitude C600 is four years old using the original battery.
Recently, the battery life has been getting smaller.

But a few days ago, I am now getting NO use out of the battery. That is,
when I unplug the AC power, the computer immediately goes dead, despite
Windows XP and the BIOS telling me it is 100% charged and charging. It seems
that maybe there is some electrical contact not being made up or something
similar.

Any idea what is going on? I would like to know if I buy another battery
that it is going to work - but I have a suspicion the same thing might
happen with any battery I install!

Bud H.
1 answer Last reply
More about dell latitude c600 battery problem

    "Bud H" <budh@REMOVETHISameritech.net> wrote:

    >My Dell Latitude C600 is four years old using the original battery.
    >Recently, the battery life has been getting smaller.
    >
    >But a few days ago, I am now getting NO use out of the battery. That is,
    >when I unplug the AC power, the computer immediately goes dead, despite
    >Windows XP and the BIOS telling me it is 100% charged and charging. It seems
    >that maybe there is some electrical contact not being made up or something
    >similar.
    >
    >Any idea what is going on? I would like to know if I buy another battery
    >that it is going to work - but I have a suspicion the same thing might
    >happen with any battery I install!

    You got four years out of a two-year battery. Count your
    blessings and go buy a new one. The new one will also have a
    two-year life. I wouldn't count on getting four years out of it.
    --
    OJ III

Dell Battery Latitude Computers