Order of the Stick + Nethack

Matt Frisch wrote:
> Normally a D&D based webcomic, while the author is at GenCon, he has has
> several guest strips, today's was Order of the ASCII...
>
> http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=216
>
> Personally, I'd recommend reading the whole thing, but only the most recent
> is Nethack related.

Either the person who wrote that got Elan and Nale mixed up, or I'm
missing a joke here.

--
____ (__)
/ \ (oo) -Zarel
\____/

Matt Frisch wrote:
> Normally a D&D based webcomic, while the author is at GenCon, he has has
> several guest strips, today's was Order of the ASCII...
>
> http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=216
>
> Personally, I'd recommend reading the whole thing, but only the most recent
> is Nethack related.

Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't know The Order of the Stick,
and it's really funny! Although I don't understand the one on
nethack very well, I think I'll have to read it again once I'm
done with reading all the others strips.

noah bedford wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:39:58 GMT
> Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=216
> >
> >Personally, I'd recommend reading the whole thing, but only the most recent
> >is Nethack related.
>
> Its nice to see more OOTS readers here!

I too recommend reading it all! Especially if you have some d&D
knowledge - not absolutely required. It is a great and hilarious
webcomic. A scroll of hilarity if you may.

A friend of mine who reads OOTS religiously asked me to "translate" the
Nethack guest strip. There's enough references in the comics that I
ended up explaining a lot of Nethack to him (the basics plus pets,
polymorph, naming). It was enough to get him to try it.

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:39:58 GMT
Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

>Normally a D&D based webcomic, while the author is at GenCon, he has has
>several guest strips, today's was Order of the ASCII...
>
>http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=216
>
>Personally, I'd recommend reading the whole thing, but only the most recent
>is Nethack related.

Its nice to see more OOTS readers here!

TRENDING THREADS