Stranded Archaeologist would like to trade dilithium cryst..

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 18, 2005 7:54:22 AM

Uli the Archaeologist, my best char in years right now he is sleeping
on my hard-disk-file and waiting for your advice.

After years of playing this guy could be a winner. Everything i owe to
this newsgroup...

I started without any events and found a library on lvl 3, co-aligned
minetown priest, some leprechaun halls, some beehives and some zoos in
the dungeon. Archaeologists aren't that hard. I quickly enchanted my
good pick-axe to +6, offering at the altars gave me the mighty
Frost-Brand, Wow what a nice weapon that is.

After completion of sokoban and the mines i had two bags of holding, an
amulet of reflection. Two throne wishes yielded the Eyes of the
Overworld, which is a cool tool and the PYEC. I slew a red dragon and
wore a nice red dragon scale mail. Everything went smooth.

Quest was nothing. Four hits and the Minion was history.

First close call came on the titan level, when this titan summoned the
nasties and i decided to go down. But after getting back to the level i
quickly could dispose of every creature.

On and on, clearing the castle, clearing the valley, everything is
under control and the #twoweaponing Arch with his pick and the Frost
Brand advances smoothly.

Working his way down, finding the vibrating square, working my way up,
finding Vlad's, clearing the thing, getting the Candelabrum, going back
down, clearing the Wizard's lair, killing everything fast. Reaching for
the Book of Dead.....

I reach for my bag of holding and WHAM, it isn't there anymore!!!

Whether i accidentally dropped it in the boredom of Gehennom or whether
it exploded, i can't recall because i played carelessly and very fast.
My wand of Wishing is also gone, along with my candles. Izchak's store
doesn't have any more candles....

Now i am sitting in the dungeons and preparing for some monster
creation near my altar, maybe they would bring some candles.
Occasionally Rodney visits me and gets the #twoweaponing treatment.

I decided to take a break and ask the rgrn what to do.... Is this
character doomed to lose his game due to missing some bloody candles ?

Regards

Uli
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 18, 2005 8:13:23 AM

Smoky potions are hallucination, i don't have them in my stack but the
sac-fest could reveal some, i hope
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 18, 2005 10:56:37 AM

uli2003wien@lycos.at wrote:

> Working his way down, finding the vibrating square, working my way up,
> finding Vlad's, clearing the thing, getting the Candelabrum, going back
> down, clearing the Wizard's lair, killing everything fast. Reaching for
> the Book of Dead.....
>
> I reach for my bag of holding and WHAM, it isn't there anymore!!!
>
> Whether i accidentally dropped it in the boredom of Gehennom or whether
> it exploded, i can't recall because i played carelessly and very fast.
> My wand of Wishing is also gone, along with my candles. Izchak's store
> doesn't have any more candles....

Not that it helps you this game, but this is why I name one
of the boxes or chests "Ascension kit" and I put my candles
and some other items in it and keep that level as a stash.
Having been-there-done-that losing my (oH and its contents
I now keep such a kit, find the vibrating square, do
everything else but take out Rodney, and only retrieve the
kit for one final descent. Of course then I do something
foolish and there's a YASD post ;^)

These days I also keep plenty of secondary items in my
"Ascension kit" chest. All artifacts but the ones I carry,
several spare non-artifact weapons that are at least +3,
spare armor, food, wands and such.

In this game, have you seen any polymorph wands? If so
gather every tool you've ever encountered and do some
polypiling. You'll get candles. For the Invocation it
doesn't matter wax or tallow, just that you have 7.
August 18, 2005 4:08:15 PM

uli2003wien@lycos.at wrote:
> I decided to take a break and ask the rgrn what to do.... Is this
> character doomed to lose his game due to missing some bloody candles ?

Um. You can either find a way to get a wish for candles (a wish for 7
candles should always succeed, IIRC), or you can collect enough tools
and try polypiling. Otherwise you're doomed, I think.

What's smoky potions in your game? Any chance of blessing a stack and
giving that a go?

-- A.

--
My email address is hearse[AT]hotpop[DOT]com

Hearse Windows/Unix client: http://hearse.krollmark.com