UK Dimension 8400 hard drive question

Anyone know which 160gb SATA drive this is shipped with?

I've had a few bad experiences with Maxtors so I'm hoping Dell are using WD.

BTW, is DataBurst a Dell trademark?

TIA.
3 answers Last reply
More about dimension 8400 hard drive question

    They're likely shipped with whatever drive is in the basket when it hits the
    assembler. Dell buys for the best deal and substitutes through a model
    line.

    Tom
    "Adam Frankel" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > Anyone know which 160gb SATA drive this is shipped with?
    >
    > I've had a few bad experiences with Maxtors so I'm hoping Dell are using
    > WD.
    >
    > BTW, is DataBurst a Dell trademark?
    >
    > TIA.

    Had one with a WD and one with a Seagate.

    "Adam Frankel" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > Anyone know which 160gb SATA drive this is shipped with?
    >
    > I've had a few bad experiences with Maxtors so I'm hoping Dell are using
    WD.

    > BTW, is DataBurst a Dell trademark?
    >
    > TIA.

    "Adam Frankel" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > Anyone know which 160gb SATA drive this is shipped with?
    >
    > I've had a few bad experiences with Maxtors so I'm hoping Dell are using
    WD.

    My 2 week old 8400 has a Maxtor

    Stubby

Dell Dimension Hard Drives Computers