UK Dimension 8400 hard drive question

Last response: in Computer Brands
September 5, 2004 5:05:45 PM

Anyone know which 160gb SATA drive this is shipped with?

I've had a few bad experiences with Maxtors so I'm hoping Dell are using WD.

BTW, is DataBurst a Dell trademark?

TIA.
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 5:05:46 PM

They're likely shipped with whatever drive is in the basket when it hits the
assembler. Dell buys for the best deal and substitutes through a model
line.

Tom
"Adam Frankel" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Anyone know which 160gb SATA drive this is shipped with?
>
> I've had a few bad experiences with Maxtors so I'm hoping Dell are using
> WD.
>
> BTW, is DataBurst a Dell trademark?
>
> TIA.

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 11:04:57 PM

Had one with a WD and one with a Seagate.

"Adam Frankel" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Anyone know which 160gb SATA drive this is shipped with?
>
> I've had a few bad experiences with Maxtors so I'm hoping Dell are using
WD.

> BTW, is DataBurst a Dell trademark?
>
> TIA.

September 6, 2004 1:57:42 AM

"Adam Frankel" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Anyone know which 160gb SATA drive this is shipped with?
>
> I've had a few bad experiences with Maxtors so I'm hoping Dell are using
WD.

My 2 week old 8400 has a Maxtor

Stubby