You know you've read too much nethack sources when

Hello,

first of all I have to tell you something about myself. I'm a lucid
dreamer. Usually every morning I'll have dreams that I remember and can
continue watching even if I wake up by just turning and drifting back to
sleep. I've called this watching short dreams but sometimes they
develope into a rgular series.

So last night I watched from our local tv-channel first CSI: Miami and
then LA: Dragnet after that I continued with my annotations on nethack
code doing the bless(), unbless(), curse() and uncurse()functions, all
of which has check if the item affected confers luck. Now the check is
confers_luck(obj) not obj->otyp == LUCKSTONE as there is artifacts that
act like luckstones. Actually the function confers_luck() is in
artifact.c and first thing it does is check for luckstones.

So back to the issue. This morning I saw a very vivid dream where I was
working in a crime investigating agency that was conducting
investigation why Mr. Luckstone was hiding behind a false front.

Topi
--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Topi Linkala wrote:
<snip>
> So back to the issue. This morning I saw a very vivid dream where I was
> working in a crime investigating agency that was conducting
> investigation why Mr. Luckstone was hiding behind a false front.

Now *that* is pretty hardcore. What sort of crime scene evidence did
you have against Mr. Luckstone?

-K

Kremti wrote:

> Topi Linkala wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>So back to the issue. This morning I saw a very vivid dream where I was
>>working in a crime investigating agency that was conducting
>>investigation why Mr. Luckstone was hiding behind a false front.
>

> Now *that* is pretty hardcore. What sort of crime scene evidence did
> you have against Mr. Luckstone?

Older documents. You must remember that I've read NetHack sources from
the very beginning when there were no artifacts that worked like
luckstones. So the earlier sources showed that Mr. Luckstone was working
in plain open but had gone undercover since then. The big question was why.

Of course it's plain to see why but dreams are dreams.

Topi