YASD - Brood Gimp the Orcish Barbarian (spoily)

I've been lurking for quite some time and thought I'd share this YASD.
Brood Gimp had a somewhat auspicious start; found a bag of holding on
the fourth level of the Mines. Minetown had a wand shop, hardware,
general, deli, and lighting, and a friendly altar. He got Cleaver on
his first sacrifice ever, which hasn't happened to me in my 6 months of
playing. A bones file on Mine Level 7 provided many extra potions,
scrolls, gold, and two magic lamps! With AC of -1, he conquered the
Gnome King's Wine Cellar with complete ease. On my way back in
Minetown, turned all the booze to holy water, killed all the
shopkeepers and guards, and bought 5 points of protection. Heading
lower, Brood Gimp opted out of the always-tedious Sokoban, figuring on
getting reflection from Perseus eventually. On DL 10, he found a
'visored helmet', which was hoped to efficiently replaced the
thoroughly rusted dwarvish iron helm he was wearing. Instead, it turned
out to be a Helm of Opposite Alignment. The loss of his 20,000gp+
protection money was probably retribution for killing all the NPCs in
minetown, in retrospect.

Well, here comes the stupid part: Brood Gimp heedlessly pressed onward,
hoping to improve his AC of 1. DL 12 was the Big Room, and after a few
in-out slashes from the staircase, he decided to move out into the
room. A regular ol' troll confronted him, and in hacking away in it, he
didn't notice those HPs falling rapidly.

DYWYPI?

Not sure what I learned from this one. I'll definitely be more careful
about putting on helmets from now on, if I've got a substantial amount
of protection invested.

P.S., I wasn't sure whether this kind of post would be considered
spoiler, so I put just in case..

Stimp Mast wrote:
> I've been lurking for quite some time and thought I'd share this YASD.
> Brood Gimp had a somewhat auspicious start; found a bag of holding on
> the fourth level of the Mines. Minetown had a wand shop, hardware,
> general, deli, and lighting, and a friendly altar. He got Cleaver on
> his first sacrifice ever, which hasn't happened to me in my 6 months of
> playing. A bones file on Mine Level 7 provided many extra potions,
> scrolls, gold, and two magic lamps! With AC of -1, he conquered the
> Gnome King's Wine Cellar with complete ease. On my way back in
> Minetown, turned all the booze to holy water, killed all the
> shopkeepers and guards, and bought 5 points of protection. Heading
> lower, Brood Gimp opted out of the always-tedious Sokoban, figuring on
> getting reflection from Perseus eventually. On DL 10, he found a
> 'visored helmet', which was hoped to efficiently replaced the
> thoroughly rusted dwarvish iron helm he was wearing. Instead, it turned
> out to be a Helm of Opposite Alignment. The loss of his 20,000gp+
> protection money was probably retribution for killing all the NPCs in
> minetown, in retrospect.
>
> Well, here comes the stupid part: Brood Gimp heedlessly pressed onward,
> hoping to improve his AC of 1. DL 12 was the Big Room, and after a few
> in-out slashes from the staircase, he decided to move out into the
> room. A regular ol' troll confronted him, and in hacking away in it, he
> didn't notice those HPs falling rapidly.
>
> DYWYPI?
>
> Not sure what I learned from this one. I'll definitely be more careful
> about putting on helmets from now on, if I've got a substantial amount
> of protection invested.
>
> P.S., I wasn't sure whether this kind of post would be considered
> spoiler, so I put just in case..

Just curious, but what did you do with the wishes from the lamps??

I was using one as a light source, and the other, I didn't even realize
was a magic lamp till I died and had my possessions ID'ed. All the more
tragic that I didn't leave a bones pile - I'm assuming a spent lamp
from bones won't give a djinni.