Sign in with
Your question

Need Help to repair LCD TV

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 20, 2013 8:01:19 PM

Parents just gave me their old 32" Soyo LCD TV (model #DYLT032D), it needs to be repaired, but I can't afford to on a college budget. The current problem is that it powers on with the SOYO logo for about 2 seconds, then it makes a pop, and the screen turns black from the center outward. Any help would be appreciated.

More about : repair lcd

January 22, 2013 10:04:34 PM

Most problems are due to the power supply board, and the most common power supply problem is bad electrolytic capacitors. You can easily find more details online to identify bad capacitors and you must use a soldering iron to replace them.
m
l
January 25, 2013 3:30:09 AM

It appears to be capacitors, I'm just hoping someone will do the replacing for me, as I do not have a steady hand!! Thanks for the reply!
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2013 6:12:35 PM

Glad I could help.
m
l
April 3, 2013 9:31:09 AM

mhmontgomery674 said:
Parents just gave me their old 32" Soyo LCD TV (model #DYLT032D), it needs to be repaired, but I can't afford to on a college budget. The current problem is that it powers on with the SOYO logo for about 2 seconds, then it makes a pop, and the screen turns black from the center outward. Any help would be appreciated.

HI! There are 2 most possible reasons why your TV is acting this way : 1 power supply, 2 backlight.
See if you got 12v (some models have 24v) feeding backlight, if it is there always (while tv is powered on), then most likely your back light inverter need to be replaced. IF 12v is there, but goes down quickly - then power supply is bad. And it could be a bad capacitors (sometimes you can tell it right away, sometimes you need to check it with ESR meter (in circuit capacitor meter), it could be bad connections , or some components may need to be replaced. But I would check for bad caps and l connections first, then I would start checking voltages. Good luck! let me know if you will have any more questions. Yuri, tulsatvrepair.biz
m
l
!