Hp laserjet 4250 tn have black lines on my labels

jerseypeach

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I have an HP laserjet 4250 tn, it will print fine until I print labels. Then any thing that I print afterwards has black verticle lines....and some times there will be a faint line thru all of the print. I have cleaned the rollers and replaced the toner cartridge, could it be the fuser???

jerseypeach

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Sorry I was out of town for a few days. Yes I am using laser jet labels. The line goes away for a few pages but then comes back. I noticed it the most after I print labels but the line never really goes away for more than a few pages. I have cleaned the printer itself, and I have wiped off the rollers and even replaced the toner carteridge. I am just at wits end...my next step would be to call a service tech for the printer. Thanks

You do need more help here than I can get you, I have not seen a printer issue that only happens after labels are printed. Unless, it maybe has to do with the thickness of the label stock vs. regular paper. Do you have any heavier regular paper to try? Labels would be thicker than regular paper, and may be grabbing at something as they pass though. Could be a fuser issue, but that is a bit pricy to replace just to test things. See if thick paper has the same issue as labels.

jerseypeach

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Ok I will give it a try and see...yes I agree replacing the fuser would be a pricy test. The top of the line resembles a blank area thur the print and the bottom half has parts or printed letter almost like missing print area from the top that is sticking to something and it prints out on the bottom...it all follows the same line...just some of it is missing print while the other half has extra print....I don't know of any other way to explain it...but it is making me crazy....for sure.

Thanks again for your help hang