CB Burning -- Why Not XP Feature?

Not a Dell-specific question, but get best answers here.

Why isn't CD burning a standard feature of Windows (XP, etc.)?? XP
does allows for it, but not really a standard removeable media? Seems
a no-brainer -- why didn't Microsoft make a feature?

Thx.

JB

Guy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003

There is some CD burning capability - you can copy files etc to a CD. Is
that what you mean?

Guy
"Boad" <jboad@hotmail.xxx> wrote in message
> Not a Dell-specific question, but get best answers here.
>
> Why isn't CD burning a standard feature of Windows (XP, etc.)?? XP
> does allows for it, but not really a standard removeable media? Seems
> a no-brainer -- why didn't Microsoft make a feature?
>
> Thx.
>
> JB

If you want more than that, then buy Nero or Roxio.

Let's face it, they're in enough anti-trust problems without putting another
industry out of business.

Tom
"Guy" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> There is some CD burning capability - you can copy files etc to a CD. Is
> that what you mean?
>
> Guy
> "Boad" <jboad@hotmail.xxx> wrote in message
>> Not a Dell-specific question, but get best answers here.
>>
>> Why isn't CD burning a standard feature of Windows (XP, etc.)?? XP
>> does allows for it, but not really a standard removeable media? Seems
>> a no-brainer -- why didn't Microsoft make a feature?
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> JB

Anyone else getting a message that Nero is not compatible with the version
of Windows you are running after SP2? I had Nero 6 Ultra and got that
message. I uninstalled 6 and installed the Nero Express 6 that came with my
DVD burner and got the same message. I emailed Nero about it but no response
yet.

> If you want more than that, then buy Nero or Roxio.
>
> Let's face it, they're in enough anti-trust problems without putting
> another industry out of business.
>
> Tom
> "Guy" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>> There is some CD burning capability - you can copy files etc to a CD. Is
>> that what you mean?
>>
>> Guy
>> "Boad" <jboad@hotmail.xxx> wrote in message
>>> Not a Dell-specific question, but get best answers here.
>>>
>>> Why isn't CD burning a standard feature of Windows (XP, etc.)?? XP
>>> does allows for it, but not really a standard removeable media? Seems
>>> a no-brainer -- why didn't Microsoft make a feature?
>>>
>>> Thx.
>>>
>>> JB

Jan

In article <10jnkn4dmiu0l10@corp.supernews.com>, joetide@nowhere.com
says...
> Anyone else getting a message that Nero is not compatible with the version
> of Windows you are running after SP2? I had Nero 6 Ultra and got that
> message. I uninstalled 6 and installed the Nero Express 6 that came with my
> DVD burner and got the same message. I emailed Nero about it but no response
> yet.

> > If you want more than that, then buy Nero or Roxio.
> >
> > Let's face it, they're in enough anti-trust problems without putting
> > another industry out of business.
> >
> > Tom
> > "Guy" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> >> There is some CD burning capability - you can copy files etc to a CD. Is
> >> that what you mean?
> >>
> >> Guy
> >> "Boad" <jboad@hotmail.xxx> wrote in message

I used Nero Express to burn all my documents, pictures, etc. so I could
copy them to my new Dell when it came. Well, my new DVD burner will not
read the cd, causes my pc to crash. I have previous cd's burned with
other programs such as Hot Burn and they read okay. Is there a problem
with Nero. I took the cd to my sisters and her pc reads it okay so I had
to e-mail or reburn the I files needed.
--
Cheers!

Jan

I found on another group that there is an update to Nero.
http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up.php

I installed the first two and it seems to be OK now.

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 23:01:01 -0400, joe_tide wrote:

> Anyone else getting a message that Nero is not compatible with the version
> of Windows you are running after SP2? I had Nero 6 Ultra and got that
> message. I uninstalled 6 and installed the Nero Express 6 that came with my
> DVD burner and got the same message. I emailed Nero about it but no response
> yet.

<http://www.nero.com/us/Release_Notes.html>

Current Version Number: 6.3.1.20
Changes from Nero 6.3.1.17 to 6.3.1.20
Release Date: 08-11-2004

Important note: All compatibility issues between Nero 6 and WinXP SP2 have
been resolved in the new version of Nero 6!

--

-Jeff B. (downloading 27.7MBs via dialup)
yeff at erols dot com

TRENDING THREADS