Closed Solved

What is this part called on a laser printer?

Hi Everyone,

I was taking apart my HP laserjet color printer today because it started to print this blank white spot in the center of my pages. What I found a sizable tear in this plastic sheet/film. What is this part called, so I can explain it to HP's warranty department?

3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what part called laser printer
  1. Best answer
    That is the transfer belt, it maintains a positive static charge and the paper sticks to it as it passes under the toner cartridges that have a negative charge. Hence without a positive charge in that area of the page it will not pick up any toner.
  2. Best answer selected by kevintylernelson.
  3. Thanks so much!
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Hewlett Packard Laser Printer Peripherals