Recommended antivirus/malware software

Can somebody please give me some suggestions on what antivirus and malware software combo I can run for windows 7? I am looking individual software not a all in one and will not use up a lot of resources. Please help if you can. Thank You! :D
24 answers Last reply
More about recommended antivirus malware software
  1. Malwarebytes anti-malware. The free version acts as an on-demand scanner which does not constantly run in the background but it's a good compliment to an antivirus which does.
  2. Norton or Gdata internet security and malwarebytes.
  3. avast and malwarebytes .
  4. I, like rdg1101, use Microsoft Security Essentials. It's hard to beat free.
  5. The free Microsoft Security Essentials is reasonably ok and doesn't feel like it is getting in the way all the time. I quite like the interface for Avast also. A +1 for the Malwarebytes anti-malware scanner too.

No antivirus software is 100%, even some of the expensive paid or products, so still advise some common sense.
  6. i would say avast as well

though frankly i dont like anti virus at all. the best anti virus a user can have is the user themselves.
  7. you got the point there neon neophyte it must start with the user first .
  8. MSE + Malwarebytes.
  9. Whats y'all opinion on vipre premium? Thanks! :D
  10. It's decent!
  11. If money is not a problem, I say pick Norton Internet Security 2012/2013. I have it with Windows 7 and I've never had any virus problems.
  12. If money is not a problem, I say pick Norton Internet Security 2012/2013. I have it with Windows 7 and I've never had any virus problems.

I agree Norton is awesome.
  13. Thank very much for the suggestions. :D
  14. just don't buy McAfee, if i wanted to cause someone's pc harm i would forget installing a virus and convince them to buy a copy of McAfee
  15. Yes I agree, Mcafee is crap to me. Had my experience a long time ago. Thanks for info.
  16. Avast+Malwarebytes and common sense.
  17. Typically, I run Microsoft Security Essentials for the day to day anti-virus. It's free, it's fairly comprehensive and it updates both within the application and via windows update. Just plain simple

I also will install malwarebytes, superantispyware and ccleaner on all the machines I work with. Malwarebytes and Superantispyware can find most viruses and they're also free. ccleaner is most just a convenient tool to remove temporary files.

Make sure to use an external drive for backing up important documents, photos and other media. I also recommend a cloud-based solution to give you an off-site secure location for precious things you couldn't live without.
  18. ugh Norton is a resource hog so I don't know were people are getting its good. I use avast and sometimes malwarebytes but mainly just avast and I have no problems
  19. ugh Norton is a resource hog < maybe like 5 years ago , now it is one of the lightest and best suites offered.They recoded their whole lineup of software almost 4 years ago.
  20. I am using Kaspersky with Malwarebytes. Seems good to me.
  21. shanky887614 said:
    just don't buy McAfee, if i wanted to cause someone's pc harm i would forget installing a virus and convince them to buy a copy of McAfee

efx2001 said:
    Yes I agree, Mcafee is crap to me. Had my experience a long time ago. Thanks for info.

They, like McAfee, have re-written their program code to allow for as much of a non-invasive approach as possible. We use it for customers where I work and haven't had a real problem with them as of yet.

Anonymous said:
    ugh Norton is a resource hog < maybe like 5 years ago , now it is one of the lightest and best suites offered.They recoded their whole lineup of software almost 4 years ago.

I concur good sir! :bounce:

As for my recommendations:
    Free: Avast + MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (can also use Spybot S&D too)
    Paid: NIS 2013 + MalwareBytes
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Malware Antivirus Software Windows 7