Setting up a wireless network

I am trying to set up a wireless network in my house to
allow 2 PCs to connect to broadband.

The problem I have is that the phone-line socket is
downstairs and the 2 PCs are upstairs.

Is it possible for the wireless router/modem to be
connected to the phone-line downstairs and the internet
transferred via wireless connections to the PCs upstairs?
Or does the wireless router/modem have to be hard-wired
to one of the PCs via ethernet or USB in the first
instance?

Your help would be gratefully received!!!

Thanks, John.
1 answer Last reply
More about setting wireless network

    No, you don't need a computer wired to the base station to operate, but you
    do need to be wired to the station to configure it. Once configured, you
    can put the base station anywhere in the house, but you'll lose signal
    strength on the clients the farther away from the station you get.

    "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set up a wireless network in my house to
    > allow 2 PCs to connect to broadband.
    >
    > The problem I have is that the phone-line socket is
    > downstairs and the 2 PCs are upstairs.
    >
    > Is it possible for the wireless router/modem to be
    > connected to the phone-line downstairs and the internet
    > transferred via wireless connections to the PCs upstairs?
    > Or does the wireless router/modem have to be hard-wired
    > to one of the PCs via ethernet or USB in the first
    > instance?
    >
    > Your help would be gratefully received!!!
    >
    > Thanks, John.

Routers Wireless Router PCS Wireless Network Networking