Twain problem

Bazkat

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hi, I have a CanoScan Lide 60 scanner which has worked perfectly for years. Yesterday when I tried to use it a message came up "Cannot communicate with scanner". When I pressend the "OK" button on this message, another message came up "Unable to open Twain source. Please check connection then re-start Toolbox". I have tried all sorts of things that have been suggested elsewhere, including the suggestions under: http://weblogs.asp.net/jeffwids/archive/2009/11/02/canon-scanner-unable-to-open-twain-source.aspx

However, I have had no success with this at all. Are you able to suggest anything to help, please?

Bazkat

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion, Phil. Yes, I have tried this also. A family member came yeserday and spent over an hour trying to work out what the problem was. In the end he found that if he disconnected the external hard drive from the USB plug, the scanner would work. If he reconnected the external hard drive, it would not work. After playing around and connecting and disconnecting cables, it suddenly worked when the external hard drive was connected as well. We have no idea what caused the problem though. It definitely was not a cable issue because my friend connected other working cables to the scanner and it still wasn't working with them either. Fingers crossed that it continues to work satisfactorily. At least I know what to do if the problem re-emerges!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!