PLayed for years, but it doesn't mean I can't have a noob ..

I was in minetown, when a marilith of Loki made mincemeat of my Valk...

I guessing it was from the temple in Minetown, but Just wondering what
it comes from, and what to do to beat it, as it my minetown bone, so I
will face it agian...

Don't worry, It has been Hearsed (as all my bones are) but I do the
keep and DL option on Hearse, so I still have it, and yet someone else
will have the pleasure of dealing with it ;)

BTW, I not sure about the rest of the group, but IMO, hearse is a
amazing little addon that adds a lot of fun to the nethack exp.

And yep, I have like...16 bones files waiting for me ;)

DrGong wrote:

>I was in minetown, when a marilith of Loki made mincemeat of my Valk...
>
>I guessing it was from the temple in Minetown, but Just wondering what
>it comes from, and what to do to beat it, as it my minetown bone, so I
>will face it agian...

Load hearse on your system; and, upload the bones file so someone else
has to deal with the marilith!

Thanks Nan Wang...I will have to remember that!

Funny thing is that I am in the top ten list for longest active Hearse
users....didn't think I used it for THAT long....

will remember to Elbereth if I get that bones file agian...

Thanks Alexis, and Thanks for operating such a nice little service....

and I am one of those people who have mearged accounts, which explanes
why I may be in the top ten....

DrGong <Drgong1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was in minetown, when a marilith of Loki made mincemeat of my Valk...

> I guessing it was from the temple in Minetown, but Just wondering what
> it comes from, and what to do to beat it, as it my minetown bone, so I
> will face it agian...

To beat it? Elbereth works just fine. I believe when converting altars,
there is a small chance a minion of that god will be summoned, A for lawful,
E for neutral, and & for chaotics.

Alexis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001

Drgong1@yahoo.com wrote:
> Funny thing is that I am in the top ten list for longest active Hearse
> users....didn't think I used it for THAT long....

The key word here is 'active'. Anyone who hasn't used Hearse within the
last ~6 weeks or so won't appear in the active list, no matter how long
they've used it for.

Many of the users on that list are people who have contacted me asking
for old accounts to be merged into their current one and who provided me
with a list of email addresses they've registered under Hearse over the
years. If you used Hearse for, say, a week in 2001 and are now merging
all your old accounts into one, as far as Hearse is concerned you've had
an account for 4 years.

HTH

-- A.

--
My email address is hearse[AT]hotpop[DOT]com

Hearse Windows/Unix client: http://hearse.krollmark.com

DrGong wrote:

> Thanks Nan Wang...I will have to remember that!

Remember what?
Quote context!

Boudewijn.

as my signature..." - Me

>Remember what?
>Quote context!

>Boudewijn.
Sorry Boudewijn , using google groups, and it does not like to quote
stuff.

>To beat it? Elbereth works just fine. I believe when converting altars,
>there is a small chance a minion of that god will be summoned, A for lawful,
>E for neutral, and & for chaotics.

I met it agian, and E worded with a wand of digging all over the place,
then made a dumb move, died, but (unluckily) did not bone agian, so
thus no one had the experince of downloading it from hearse, walking
into mine town, and seeing all over the place the Eword dug into the
ground, wondering what the heck caused such a battle.

There was 4 grave sites that i know of on that bones file, needless to
say, rather nasty!

DrGong wrote:
>> Remember what?
>> Quote context!
>
>> Boudewijn.
> Sorry Boudewijn , using google groups, and it does not like to quote
> stuff.

That's no excuse. I don't use GG myself, but people who do have often
posted here explaining how GG may quote.

I believe you have to ckick on "show options", then on "reply". One
extra click is all it takes.

Boudewijn.

as my signature..." - Me