New PC Build Frustration-BSOD (FIXED)

borisbulldog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I've been at this since mid November.

Got a all new parts-EVGA Z-77 MoBo, Intel i7 3770 CPU, GSkill Aries 32GB Ram, EVGA 750W PSU, EVGA 660SC 2GB video card, Intel 520 SSD.

Tried to install my 4 year old Win 7 Home Premium OS and I keep getting the BSOD. Replaced the SSD, MoBo and got a new copy of Win 7 Pro thinking
the disc may have been corrupt. After all that I still can't install Win 7.

It goes thru the first 3 steps and then when it gets to installing features the BSOD shows up with a "Bad_Pool_ Header" and stop code 0x00000019,
0x00000000022.

I also got a Lite-On 3D SATA Blu-Ray player and I'm thinking that may be the problem. As it takes 5-10 minutes before it goes from 0-1% at the expanding files stage. Where as my other builds it would go instantly to 1%.

For comparison I took a new HDD and installed my old Win 7 OS thru my back-up box which has a 750i MoBo and IDE DVD and it took 30 minutes to install and no BSOD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Boris

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXED-

It looks like the RAM was the issue. I took 2 of the modules out and let the OS load with 16GB installed and now I'm loading all the Windows updates and software.

I'll play with it for a few days and then create a restore point before I install the other 2 sticks and see what happens.

Even though the board can accept 32GB, it looks like there must have been some compatibility issue. Don't know why I needed that much RAM, but it was on sale so I bought it.

Thanks for all the replys!

Boris

Hello... You can install ISO Windows versions using a Bootable USB stick >2GB, use your disK keys to licence in 30 days.

I recommend starting an install with the minimum hardware first for you... 1-2 RAM sticks, CPU, CPU graphics, and hardrive... to get things started and Windows loaded... get your chipset drivers loaded... get your onboard Video drivers loaded... get your network drivers loaded... get your sound drivers loaded.

If all goes well... start to add a hardware piece at a time after that... and test use for awhile before adding more... to determine which hardware you are having problems with.

borisbulldog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009

I have the Optical on SATA II and the SSD on SATA III.

borisbulldog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009

I tried it with 1 8GB of RAM and the same thing happened. I have a Patriot 32GB USB stick and I may give that a try.

Use your 32Gb drive and create a USB installer. After doing this and before reinstall, change your SSD to the SATA I or SATA II port and unplug the CD/DVD drive. The installer may be getting confused for some reason with the CD being before the SSD. What is currently attached to the first SATA port?