NCIX.com experiences?

tibou

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello,

I am seriously considering purchasing a computer from these people. So I just have a couple basic questions about them. If you have had any experiances with them, please let me know.

1.) Are they reliable and reputable?
2.) I live in Regina, SK. Has anyone here ordered from them out of town?
3.) Because I live out of town, what is their warranty service like? Has anyone had any experiances?

kaz

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
I have never purchased a system from them, but when I order parts they have arrived quickly and the orders have been right. I have used their pricematch and they have always given me the lower price.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hello,

I am seriously considering purchasing a computer from these people. So I just have a couple basic questions about them. If you have had any experiances with them, please let me know.

3.) Because I live out of town, what is their warranty service like? Has anyone had any experiances?
I purchase from them all the time. I'm in Ontario, and the packages always arrive in 2-3 days, and i use the cheapest shipping. They've been great. I think they are the Newegg of Canada. :wink: I haven't had any warranty dealings yet though. I find their prices are better than Tiger Direct, and you usually don't have to deal with MIR's. The last thing i like, is that i don't have to pay PST, just the 6% GST, whereas when i order from TD..i have to pay the 14%.

Hello,

I purchase from them all the time. I'm in Ontario, and the packages always arrive in 2-3 days, and i use the cheapest shipping. They've been great. I think they are the Newegg of Canada. :wink: I haven't had any warranty dealings yet though. I find their prices are better than Tiger Direct, and you usually don't have to deal with MIR's. The last thing i like, is that i don't have to pay PST, just the 6% GST, whereas when i order from TD..i have to pay the 14%.
same here :)

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
They are a good store and I've never had any problems ordering from them either but I've been finding that www.memoryexpress.com (in Calgary) is beating them in prices. Memory Express doesn't have the same selection but what they do have is very competitive in price.

If you are looking closer to home, MemoryExpress is good like someone said. I have had a couple occasions though with returning faulty merchandise that left a bad taste in my mouth though. That said I have bought from them since and was happy. Also Dangeo.com in Calgary is good as well, their only an e-tailer (no store to go to). Pricing is pretty competitive. Being in Regina (I'm originally from P.A.) it may be advisable and cheaper for shipping to get from Calgary. In fact my last major build (a few years ago now, and I was in P.A.) I drove down to Calgary and picked my stuff up myself. Didn't have to, just a nice road trip. Let me tell you if you haven't been in their store, it's a geek's wet dream. I live closer to Calgary now (Med Hat) so I usually just make a day of it and go down and pick up my stuff.

sjps220

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I have made two seperate orders from ncix, and have been very happy. Everything arrived in good time and I was happy with the prices.

I love how the price of something can be the same at my local pc store, and their store in Vancouver, and it ends up costing less from ncix because of the lack of pst!

Thanks for the memoryexpress tip, I will probably use if for pricematches in the future.

Also, if you pricematch, pricenetwork.ca can be a helpful tool

66scott

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I have bought over the last couple of years the equivelant of 4 computers in parts from NCIX. Had only one RMA experience and it was painless but took a little longer than I thought it should. I live in Alberta.

One nice feature with them is they allow you to pay using your debit card just like paying a utility bill online but adds a couple days to your order time.

The Price matching is done when you start making your order and is on the bottom third of the the page.

If you are looking at buying a prebuilt computer from them than there is no pricematching as there are too many components making a unique product

portal

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Purchased from ncixus.com and having a horrendous nightmare. First their paypal system wouldn't accept me. Second their credit card system wouldn't support me. I had to call my company and get them to allow foreign sales. Finally after all of this the man on the phone tells me the stock is very low and I might not be able to get my item. This is my last piece of hardware required.

Same here. Hey, the GST is 5% these days :lol:

I ordered two WD7500AAKS disks from NCIX last month and got them in 3 days, and both are working just fine.

I strongly recommend you register with NCIX and start getting their junk mail. About once a week or so I get an e-mail with promotion codes, and they saved me $120 on those disks.

Another thing: they have some kind of membership program. I didn't get it, but I remember reading the fine print and it sounded good. The yearly fee is less than shipping & insuring a full PC would be, and it gives you free shipping & insuring.

kbits

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
I usually buy at directcanada, which I heard are the same gang as NCIX, but a bit cheaper.

I wait that my cart goes over 300$, and then place my order. Shipping is free over 300$.

portal

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Oh fyi I'm one who actually uses the search feature on forums and you might notice this thread was started in 2006, but I just added on to it now in the present. FYI, my package shipped.

laffy

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
NCIX is very reliable. I bought a couple of hardware pieces, and the pieces arrived on time, undamaged, so I was please. If you live in Canada, and outside BC, you'll have the benefit of just paying GST.