Help a monk! [s]

Last response: in Video Games
August 26, 2005 4:53:57 PM

So I was cruisin' along in the mines, and I got to mine town.
Successfully trying to convert the altar, I angered the priestess, summoned to couatls,
and got a full summon of insects:

Screenshot:
(I am the @ between the G (gnome king) and the a (ants), A (couatl), and h (hobbit).)
----------- ----------
... .....| |.<......|
----..-----.| ##|........|
|..+..|.(.|.| # |........|
|.....%.((|.| ### --.-------
- -|..|(.(|.| # ####
| G.-----|.|###
|%%|h|aa@.|.|
|@.aG|Aa_.|.|
-YG@aaa.|.|
-..Y.ah|aA..|.|
- ----------|.|
1 +.|
|.
-.|
.|
---

Noahj the Initiate St:14 Dx:14 Co:10 In:10 Wi:18 Ch:9 Chaotic
Dlvl:7 $:552 HP:21(42) Pw:16(86) AC:0 Exp:7 Conf

Inventory:
l - a staff
o - 5 daggers
r - a throwing spear
x - 11 bamboo arrows
y - a silver saber
z - 7 bullets
A - 6 bullets
Armor
a - an uncursed +2 pair of leather gloves (being worn)
b - an uncursed +1 robe
n - a +1 orcish cloak
Comestibles
g - an uncursed food ration
h - 5 uncursed apples
i - 6 uncursed oranges
j - 4 uncursed fortune cookies
k - a slime mold
m - 2 lichen corpses
D - a fortune cookie
Scrolls
d - an uncursed scroll of identify
H - a scroll of blank paper
I - 6 scrolls of blank paper
Spellbooks
c - a blessed spellbook of healing (0:2)
Potions
e - 2 uncursed potions of healing
v - a milky potion
K - a pink potion
Tools
w - a magic whistle
M - a bag
Z - a pick-axe
Gems
R - a white gem
T - an orange gem
U - 2 yellow gems
V - a black gem
W - a blue gem
X - 2 yellowish brown gems
Y - 2 white gems

More about : monk

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 10:17:09 PM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:12:37 -0400
chuck <chucko@nil.car> wrote:

>On 26 Aug 2005, you wrote in rec.games.roguelike.nethack:
>
>> So I was cruisin' along in the mines, and I got to mine town.
>> Successfully trying to convert the altar, I angered the priestess, summoned
>to couatls,
>> and got a full summon of insects:
>

>So you converted the minetown alar for what reason?

Its altar, not alar, but I needed to sac.

>This seems to be just
>after a protection run? why didn't you wait to convert it? it's going to be
>YASD I think.

No actually, I was lvl 7.

It is still saved.

P.S. and please post to the group.
August 27, 2005 2:12:16 AM

noah bedford <noahbedford@gmail.com> wrote in

so you bought protection and then tried to convert the altar in mine town.
That looks like YASD I'm afraid.
Related resources
August 27, 2005 6:13:56 AM

> Its altar, not alar, but I needed to sac.

people who point out spelling errors end up very alone... If you needed to
sac (there are timeouts unless you're talking about food in which case buying
from mine town and then doing sokoban always seems to work) why didn't you
wait until you found a co-aligned or unattended ALTAR.

>>This seems to be just
>>after a protection run? why didn't you wait to convert it? it's going to be
>>YASD I think.
>
> No actually, I was lvl 7.
>
> It is still saved.
my point WAS and is it WILL most probably be YASD.

> P.S. and please post to the group.
I did how the heck do you think you got this message? I didn't post it to
alt.test or anything and I replied to your message and my xnews shows that
whereas your response was in a separate branch of the thread. The problem is
at your end.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 2:21:19 PM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:13:56 GMT
chuck <chucko@nil.car> wrote:

>> P.S. and please post to the group.
>I did how the heck do you think you got this message? I didn't post it to
>alt.test or anything and I replied to your message and my xnews shows that
>whereas your response was in a separate branch of the thread. The problem is
>at your end.

Hmmmm... yes. interesting.
I don't get messages in my email from anyone else, but from you I always get a gamersnewsgroups message.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 1:20:33 AM

noah bedford wrote:

> Hmmmm... yes. interesting.
> I don't get messages in my email from anyone else, but from you
> {i.e. probably chuck}
> I always get a gamersnewsgroups message.

I used to get those too, but there's a link to unsubscribe in those
messages so I did that and it seemed to work.

Raisse, killed by a kobold zombie