Help a monk! [s]

So I was cruisin' along in the mines, and I got to mine town.
Successfully trying to convert the altar, I angered the priestess, summoned to couatls,
and got a full summon of insects:

Screenshot:
(I am the @ between the G (gnome king) and the a (ants), A (couatl), and h (hobbit).)
----------- ----------
... .....| |.<......|
----..-----.| ##|........|
|..+..|.(.|.| # |........|
|.....%.((|.| ### --.-------
- -|..|(.(|.| # ####
| G.-----|.|###
|%%|h|aa@.|.|
|@.aG|Aa_.|.|
-YG@aaa.|.|
-..Y.ah|aA..|.|
- ----------|.|
1 +.|
|.
-.|
.|
---

Noahj the Initiate St:14 Dx:14 Co:10 In:10 Wi:18 Ch:9 Chaotic
Dlvl:7 $:552 HP:21(42) Pw:16(86) AC:0 Exp:7 Conf

Inventory:
l - a staff
o - 5 daggers
r - a throwing spear
x - 11 bamboo arrows
y - a silver saber
z - 7 bullets
A - 6 bullets
Armor
a - an uncursed +2 pair of leather gloves (being worn)
b - an uncursed +1 robe
n - a +1 orcish cloak
Comestibles
g - an uncursed food ration
h - 5 uncursed apples
i - 6 uncursed oranges
j - 4 uncursed fortune cookies
k - a slime mold
m - 2 lichen corpses
D - a fortune cookie
Scrolls
d - an uncursed scroll of identify
H - a scroll of blank paper
I - 6 scrolls of blank paper
Spellbooks
c - a blessed spellbook of healing (0:2)
Potions
e - 2 uncursed potions of healing
v - a milky potion
K - a pink potion
Tools
w - a magic whistle
M - a bag
Z - a pick-axe
Gems
R - a white gem
T - an orange gem
U - 2 yellow gems
V - a black gem
W - a blue gem
X - 2 yellowish brown gems
Y - 2 white gems
5 answers Last reply
More about help monk

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:12:37 -0400
    chuck <chucko@nil.car> wrote:

    >On 26 Aug 2005, you wrote in rec.games.roguelike.nethack:
    >
    >> So I was cruisin' along in the mines, and I got to mine town.
    >> Successfully trying to convert the altar, I angered the priestess, summoned
    >to couatls,
    >> and got a full summon of insects:
    >

    >So you converted the minetown alar for what reason?

    Its altar, not alar, but I needed to sac.

    >This seems to be just
    >after a protection run? why didn't you wait to convert it? it's going to be
    >YASD I think.

    No actually, I was lvl 7.

    It is still saved.

    P.S. and please post to the group.

    noah bedford <noahbedford@gmail.com> wrote in

    so you bought protection and then tried to convert the altar in mine town.
    That looks like YASD I'm afraid.

    > Its altar, not alar, but I needed to sac.

    people who point out spelling errors end up very alone... If you needed to
    sac (there are timeouts unless you're talking about food in which case buying
    from mine town and then doing sokoban always seems to work) why didn't you
    wait until you found a co-aligned or unattended ALTAR.

    >>This seems to be just
    >>after a protection run? why didn't you wait to convert it? it's going to be
    >>YASD I think.
    >
    > No actually, I was lvl 7.
    >
    > It is still saved.
    my point WAS and is it WILL most probably be YASD.

    > P.S. and please post to the group.
    I did how the heck do you think you got this message? I didn't post it to
    alt.test or anything and I replied to your message and my xnews shows that
    whereas your response was in a separate branch of the thread. The problem is
    at your end.

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:13:56 GMT
    chuck <chucko@nil.car> wrote:

    >> P.S. and please post to the group.
    >I did how the heck do you think you got this message? I didn't post it to
    >alt.test or anything and I replied to your message and my xnews shows that
    >whereas your response was in a separate branch of the thread. The problem is
    >at your end.

    Hmmmm... yes. interesting.
    I don't get messages in my email from anyone else, but from you I always get a gamersnewsgroups message.

    noah bedford wrote:

    > Hmmmm... yes. interesting.
    > I don't get messages in my email from anyone else, but from you
    > {i.e. probably chuck}
    > I always get a gamersnewsgroups message.

    I used to get those too, but there's a link to unsubscribe in those
    messages so I did that and it seemed to work.

    Raisse, killed by a kobold zombie

Video Games