Is this site legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s-atkins

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
hello again guys

i am currently n the hunt for a windows 7 product key (professional) and i ran across the following website:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

now to me this seems to good to be true
(this was found on the 1st page of Google results when i typed "windows 7 professional product key)
and for that reason i am asking you guys

has anyone seen/used this website before?
and if so is it legit?

if not, microsoft here i come

thanks again
Scott

Its a scam. They Will sell you a stolen product key which will go invalid in a few weeks when enough other people have been sold it to.

They even have a section asking you not to do charge backs when you figure out you got scammed,and the contact us page is some guys gmail.

Windows licenses always cost within ~10 bucks of what Microsoft charges. Use a legit retailer

Further they even say its not legal software, as ALL legal copies including OEM have a COA. Their FAQ is quite amusing

"Does your software come with the Certificate of Authenticity (COA)?

OEM version doesn't come with the COA. But you will be able to activate your software and get updates from manufacturer (some software products cannot be updated at all, ask you Support team about these exceptions)."

s-atkins

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
yeah thanks guys you just confirmed my suspicions even more.

I have just finished my purchase of Win7 Professional through Microsoft and the computer is now activated

Thanks again folks

Scott

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
stop_piracy_sign_zpsa5dfd69a.png

Piracy

When someone installs and uses commercial software without paying for the program, it is called "pirating" the software. This name comes from the traditional meaning of the word "pirate," which is a sea-faring criminal that steals and loots belongings from others. But far from the stereotypical sea pirate, a software pirate can be anyone who owns a computer. Software piracy is committed by simply downloading or copying a program that a user has not paid for.

Since computer programs are stored in a digital format, they are easy to copy and reproduce. For example, a game may be burned to a CD and transferred to the computer of an individual who has not paid for the program. Software programs can also be illegally downloaded from the Internet from unauthorized sources. Since pirating software does not require many resources, it has grown into a major problem for the computer industry.

While it may seem like an innocuous act, pirating software is the same as stealing. Software companies often invest thousands or even millions of dollars into creating the programs they sell. The income from selling these programs is what allows companies to produce the software and to continue improving the programs we use. Just because it is possible to copy a software program does not mean it is OK. Installing a commercial program from an illegal copy is the same thing as walking out of a store with the program and not paying for it.

While there are some programs that are free to use (such as shareware and freeware programs), it is important to pay for commercial software. You can avoid software piracy by only downloading software from authorized sources and making sure that you have valid software licenses for all the programs you use. Remember that paying for software programs supports the software industry, which is good for all of us!

techterms.com

Status
Not open for further replies.