Sign in with
Your question

Oops, secondary hdd...

Last response: in Windows 7
May 12, 2010 7:02:57 AM

So I finally got around to fresh installing Windows 7 onto my gaming rig (been running Vista Ultimate 64).

At any rate, I was going through the installation pretty fast, as I do these on a daily basis at work and low and behold I accidentally "Deleted" one of my 1 TB Secondary HDD.

I used to know how to recover that kind of stuff easily on Windows XP, but I can't seem to find a solution for Windows 7...I know all of the data is still there, I am pretty sure that I just removed the drive from the MBR and it refuses to recognize it.

Is there some easy thing that I can do to recover the drive and of course the data on it?

The last resort would be to hook it up to a usb converter and to transfer all of the data that way, but that would take forever and would still render the drive useless :( .

Is there anyone out there that can rid me of my frustration and soothe my stupidity?

Thanks in advance! :heink: 

More about : oops secondary hdd

a b $ Windows 7
May 12, 2010 8:15:43 AM

I cannot for the life of me think how you could have deleted a drive just by installing Windows. Are you saying it was there before installation and gone afterwards?
May 12, 2010 5:25:25 PM

Herr_Koos said:
I cannot for the life of me think how you could have deleted a drive just by installing Windows. Are you saying it was there before installation and gone afterwards?

Whenever you are formatting the drives and whatnot when you are installing. It shows all of your partitions (which are actually different hard drives for me).

I was trying to delete my main hard drive and format it...instead I accidentally deleted the secondary hdd...didn't forrmat it or anything...just deleted it...trying to recover it now :p .

Does that make more sense?
May 13, 2010 8:53:38 PM

Anyone have any ideas? Kinda dying here...

I would love you forever.
!