Dudes, last thunderbird, C'MON YOU SHOULD KNOW !!!

G

I'm stupid, but you people are very good at all those CPU things (so will be I) so just tell me if 1.4Ghz is the last clock speed for thunderbird (I don't mean Palomino) Thank yo!

G

Its a Tbird

Square = Poly
Rectangle = Tbird

AMD user's always have the edge !

kanute

Distinguished
May 6, 2001
If you're asking if 1.4 is gonna be the last t-bird speed ever released before palomino chips arrive, I would say possibly, but not for sure. I saw somewhere that a 1.53 ghz athlon was on the way pretty soon, but they didn't say which core is was based on. So I guess my answer is possibly, but not for sure.

That oughta void your warrenty!

FatBurger

Illustrious
And another unhelpful post from a Meltdown.

AMD's website doesn't ever talk about the future (outside of the road map), so I can't say for sure. However, it's been a little while, with no large rumblings about a new speed, so I would say that it'll probably be the last before Palomino.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

most people assume that the current t-bird is more than capable of achieving 1.5 ghz. most articles ive read assume that the palomino will introduced at 1.7 and the current t-bird will end at 1.5. they would be foolish to not extend the chip all the way to its maximum before releasing the palomino......just my two cents. of course, you're right. all just speculation

ignore everything i say

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Theres a lot of unhelpful posts around here latelty....
Everything right now is specualtion like someone mentioned before...logically AMD would push the limits of the T-Bird core until they cant squeeze anymore out of it, but than again, if people are able to run there 1.4's @ speeds of 1.6+ than I don't believe AMD will be running the T-Bird to it's limits, but give some leg room for the Palomino...
Personally I believe the 1.53GHz Version of the Athlon will come in 2 flavours......T-Bird AND Palomino....and also, this will be the last T-Bird....It's only logical right?
Thats my 2 cents...

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Sure they could, but whats the point when the Palomino core delivers more performance over T-Bird ?

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'm just saying palomino could be out at 1.53 and end around 2.xxx ghz. Well if it was 0.13 micron atleast 2.5xx ghz.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Yes, of course, and they will, aswell with other Architectural advances.....BUT thats to the Palomino core...u were referencing ORIGINALLY to the T-Bird core....big difference...

-MeTaL RoCkEr

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well at least is adding cache to northwood. 0.13 was delayed heavily. So current p4 is 0.18 mircon and the core is too big so cut the cache to reduce size "512kb -> 256kb". Now 0.13 is ready P4 should get its 512kb cache and a newer and better socket.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile: