Blank white screen

Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • White Screen
  • Monitors
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 23, 2013 11:47:20 AM

I've just purchased a 23" Asus HD monitor and I have been experiencing a random white blank screen randomly after using the internet. I have no way to escape out of the screen and have to restart and then it works just fine afterwards. I'd love to know if I could possibly fix it or some suggestions on what I should do. Thank you for all replies.

More about : blank white screen

a b C Monitor
January 23, 2013 3:29:07 PM

Does this happen with any particular web site or just by using the internet in general? Because you say it's random can you see if it's when your last web site is the same when the white screen happens ? When you say restart are you sauing restart the computer ? Does this only happen with the internet ?
m
l
January 24, 2013 11:52:41 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with a particular website and i'm not even sure it has to do with the internet for sure. I know facebook has been used by my girlfriend right before it has happened on more than one occasion and yes I am unable to safely shut down and have to hit my hard restart button.
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
January 24, 2013 7:40:12 PM

It may have something to do with your web browser , what are you using ?
m
l
January 24, 2013 10:25:27 PM

Mozilla firefox exclusively.
m
l
a b C Monitor
January 25, 2013 3:26:29 AM

If this issue only happens when you are browsing the internet and you are finished it goes to a white screen I would say that your browser is causing the issue.
Try uninstalling it and then reinstall with the latest release. If it still does it then try a previouse version or even try another browser like Chrome just to see if it continues to do it.
m
l
!