Sign in with
Your question

How to set up Dual Monitors for my needs?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 23, 2013 6:08:26 PM

I have got two monitors, one connected with HDMI, one with VGA. I have plugged them up to my video card, and basicly I want to have them set up so the main monitor displays the game whilst the other monitor displays desktop so I can browse the internet.
This is because I mainly play DayZ and I want the map or a forum shoutbox on the secondary screen. I would like to be able to use this second monitor either by pressing "esc" to pause the game and mouse over to the other monitor or a macro key that switches between them. Is this possible?
Thanks

More about : set dual monitors

a b C Monitor
January 23, 2013 6:56:11 PM

If the game allows it, then yes, but some games completely take over the keyboard and mouse while the game in running.
m
l
a b C Monitor
January 23, 2013 7:27:54 PM

Some games allow Windowed mode which then free's the mouse to travel between the two monitors even while the game is playing.
You can do as you say and pause the game or hit the Windows key on the key board to use the mouse and keyboadr on the seconf monitor.
I had two monitors set up with the performance window open and the temp monitor so I could monitor things while gaming.
Yopu will have to set the extended desktop mode to get your desktop to strech to the two monitors. If you have an Nvidia video card this is very easy to do in the Nvidia control panel.
m
l
!