mikek65051

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
I just got my a new t-bird1.2 and I cann't tell by the markings what it is. Can anyone tell me how to visually identify it. I know I got what I ordered, I just like to know for my own piece of mind how to read it.

Thanks

:)

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Very first Line should read...

1200xxxxxBorC B=100MHz FSB
C=133MHz FSB

Than second line should read something like...

AXIAxxxxxx
AHYJAxxxxx
etc.
This is the core stepping.....and thats pretty mucht he only thing people look for on the Athlon cores...

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!

FatBurger

Illustrious
The third line will have the date, two digits for year and week (in that order), so it might have like 0119, meaning the 19th week of 2001. Don't remember exactly what it looks like.

There's also the die color. That tells where it was made.
Blue = Dresden
Green = Texas
Pink = ???

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
I don't remember any of my dies having any color,(I could be wrong though), it just looked silverish to me, does that have any significance? I'll have a look at my spare 1000b when I get home.

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."

FatBurger

Illustrious
You have to tilt them to the light. The pink ones are really faintly pink, so that could be it.

Or it could be from before they had two plants, and only did one core color, I'm not sure. I don't know when they started doing the colors.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink: