Advueu AMW-A911B Flashing/Flickering a few times when booting up

nexigen

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
As Windows boots up my monitor will flash a few times, it's very annoying. It started happening when I upgraded my single GPU to dual/Sli. It's a plug'n'play monitor. I'm using XP Home/32-bit.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

my old lcd used to flicker when entering into windows as well. this was most likely due to a switch-off from the start-up monitor drivers to the custom nvidia software which i had tweaked settings from within windows. if you run bare defaults (and only use monitor on-board controls) i wouldn't think this flicker would happen.

i've already had the monitor not display anything up until the login screen appears.

issues such as this aren't a problem.

nexigen

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
I was thinking it was a driver issue as well, however I "sort of" have gotten used to the nvidia control panel being on.. Is there any sort of actual fix for this aside from turning it off? Besides I'm concerned that my monitor/GPU's would not display properly or be in Sli with it off.

Also, running that software on bare defaults will cause the problem as well. Anytime I click on the nvidia control panel in the systray it also causes the monitor to blink.

the only blinking that should occur is during the startup (transition from boot to windows log on) phase and when display settings are changed. if your screen flickers at times other than these you might want to replace your drivers with the newest ones.