A920 Printer

I am needing to replace the ink cartridges on my A920. Are these basically
HP printers and use their ink? Do I have to purchase only through Dell for
replacement cartridges?

Thanks,
Mark
4 answers Last reply
More about a920 printer

    You have to buy from Dell.
    "mark losson" <rhomalo@charter.net> wrote in message
    >I am needing to replace the ink cartridges on my A920. Are these basically
    > HP printers and use their ink? Do I have to purchase only through Dell
    > for
    > replacement cartridges?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

    "mark losson" <rhomalo@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10jpb5makb3mlc0@corp.supernews.com>...
    > I am needing to replace the ink cartridges on my A920. Are these basically
    > HP printers and use their ink? Do I have to purchase only through Dell for
    > replacement cartridges?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

    I think it is a Lexmark printer, and as far as I know, you can only
    buy replacement cartridges through Dell.
    That is why the printer itself is so well priced, or sometimes even
    given free with some systems (the cartridges are relatively
    expensive).

    > I am needing to replace the ink cartridges on my A920. Are these basically
    > HP printers and use their ink? Do I have to purchase only through Dell for
    > replacement cartridges?

    Check alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains for quite a lengthy thread
    on how to hack the printer to enable it to take normal lexmark
    cartridges, and there are several sites that will tell you how to refill
    the carts - this is one such page...

    http://www.inktecshop.co.uk/acatalog/Dell_A920_.html

    "scooby" <brianmontreal@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "mark losson" <rhomalo@charter.net> wrote in message
    >> I am needing to replace the ink cartridges on my A920. Are these
    >> basically
    >> HP printers and use their ink? Do I have to purchase only through Dell
    >> for
    >> replacement cartridges?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Mark
    >
    > I think it is a Lexmark printer, and as far as I know, you can only
    > buy replacement cartridges through Dell.
    > That is why the printer itself is so well priced, or sometimes even
    > given free with some systems (the cartridges are relatively
    > expensive).

    Have a look around before you buy them from Dell. I have no idea of Dell's
    pricing nor of any credible replacement ink cart. dealers, but surely there
    must be some:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Dell+A920+replacement+ink+cartridges

    Stew

Dell Hewlett Packard Printers Computers Product