Samsung printer firmware update wireless problem

Fizzibizzy

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Hi!
After updating my Samsung scx 4729-fw printer with the latest firmware I'm having problems connecting it to my wireless Router. Before it was all okay. But now the printer connects to the network for 5 sec and disconnets for 5 sec then connects again and disconnects again and so on...
That's why it doesn't go to standby mode anymore. I tried to setup the whole network but it doesn't work either.
Is anyone out there with the same problem or knows what to do?

With a firmware update it changes the printer from what the network was seeing before to what it see's now and it's looking for the Samsung with the old firmware.
To me or you it's the same printer but to the network it's a different printer and because it's the same name the network is thinking it's the old printer and once it finds out it's not it disconnects it onlt to see it again and go through the same process and as long as the printer is there it will keep doing the same thing.
The best way to update the firmware is to remove the printer from the network , do the update and then install the printer like it was the first time.